EMPLOYER TREKS: Jan. 8-12, 2024
The 2024 New York City CONNECT Employer Treks will be in person in Manhattan! These are open to all Binghamton students interested in exploring a variety of careers and industries. Designed for networking and career education, treks offer exposure to career paths, industry trends and organizational cultures while highlighting industry expectations and providing an opportunity to expand your professional network.
Mandatory Information Sessions
To apply to attend an Employer Trek, you need to attend one information session first.
View information session options and register for an info session below.
How to Register for Employer Treks
You must complete and update your hireBING profile prior to registering for any employer visits. Registration opens Sunday, Nov. 6 at 5 p.m.
- Login to hireBING
- On the top of the page, click "Jobs"
- Search for "NYC Employer Treks" in left side keyword box
- Click on "NYC Employer Treks"
- The list of Employer Treks will appear as Jobs on this screen
- Click on the name of the trek you wish to find more information about or apply to
- Click on green "Apply Now" button at the top right of the page Note: If you do not meet the employer qualifications, you will receive an alert that informs you that you do not, however your application will still go through.
**Applications are not open yet. Applications are expected to open in November 2024.
Required Information Session
Students MUST attend ONE in-person information session or complete the online module to be eligible to attend the 2024 NYC CONNECT Treks. Students are required to attend one of the below session options to be able to apply.
- Friday, Oct. 6 from 12-1pm I Regiester
- Tuesday, Oct. 10 from 12-1pm I Register
- Thursday, Oct. 12 from 5-6 pm I Register
- Friday, Oct. 13 from 12-1pm I Register
- Monday, Oct. 16 from 12-1pm I Register
- Monday, Oct. 16 from 5-6 pm I Register
- Wednesday, Oct. 25 from 12-1 pm I Register
- Thursday, Oct. 26 from 12-1 pm I Register
- Thursday, Oct 26 from 5-6 pm I Register
A virtual session will be released soon for those who cannot make an in-person session. Students will be required to watch the entire video and receive a 100% on an accompanying quiz to be eligible to apply.
Students MUST complete the Student Agreement Form in advance to be eligible to apply to the 2024 NYC CONNECT Treks. Please download this form, fill out the editable PDF, and upload it along with every Employer Trek application that you submit as an "other" document.
Employers are still registering for the Treks.
Tentative Schedule of Employers
- Tuesday, January 9, 2024
9:00 am - 11:00 am - AlphaSights
9:00 am - 11:00 am - Deloitte
12:00 pm - 2:00 pm - Olive Tree Holdings
12:00 pm - 2:00 pm - NYU Langone Health
3:00 pm - 5:00 pm - Wolfe Research
3:00 pm - 5:00 pm - Mizuho
- Wednesday, January 10, 2024
9:00 am - 11:00 am - Protiviti
9:00 am - 11:00 am - City Year
12:00 pm - 2:00 pm - Guggenheim Securities
12:00 pm - 2:00 pm - EY
3:00 pm - 5:00 pm - Grant Thornton
- Thursday, January 11, 2024
9:00 am - 11:00 am - Pzena Investment Management
12:00 pm - 2:00 pm - PwC
3:00 pm - 5:00 pm - Credit Agricole
3:00 pm - 5:00 pm - Workday
- Friday, January 12, 2024
9:00 am - 11:00 am - KPMG
- Tuesday, January 9, 2024
Immediately – Update resume or CV.
Friday, Oct. 6 – Thursday, Nov. 2
1. Mandatory completion of ONE information session (details found above).
2. Submit the Student Agreement (found above).
3. Research participating employers (see treks schedule above).
Sunday, Nov. 5 at 5 p.m. – Applications for NYC Employer Treks open.
Sunday, Nov. 19 – NYC Employer Trek Applications close.
Monday, Nov. 21 - Tuesday, Nov. 22 – Acceptance emails sent to students who meet criteria along with instructions and cancellation requirements (watch your spam folder for these emails).
Monday, Dec. 18 – Cancellation deadline for students (no exceptions without documentation).
January 8-12 – Employer Trek sessions take place (please note: students are responsible for all travel and any necessary accomodations).
Monday, Jan. 8 – Networking Night
- Do's and Don'ts During Your Employer Visits
- Take notes.
- Display enthusiasm and appreciation.
- Dress professionally.
- Research the firm you are attending.
- Prepare well thought out questions.
- Stand out and make the most of these opportunities.
- Ask for contact information if the opportunity arises. We do not provide contact information unless a host consents.
- Write down names and contact information of the professionals.
- Make sure you have a neat, clean professional appearance.
- Plan to arrive to the trek site 30 minutes in advance to ensure you are on time. Manhattan transit can be unpredictable and there are often delays.
- Raise your hand to ask questions.
- IMPORTANT: Check your hireBING profile to make sure it is accurate. Your hireBING profile will shift and it may not be accurate. You can manually change it.
- Use professional etiquette at all times.
- Wait until the end to ask a question or engage with professionals.
- Be late.
- Be distracting in any manner (e.g., play on your phone, fall asleep).
- Ask for a job or internship unless they discuss open positions during the visit. You may ask the type of skills or qualifications they look for in a candidate, or what makes someone successful at this company.
- Sign up for two conflicting visits at the same time on the same day. You need to manage your own schedule.
- What if I have to cancel?
All cancellations must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadline on the timeline listed above. If we do not receive your cancellation by this date, you will be expected to attend the employer trek session you were selected for.
Should an emergency arise after this date which requires you to cancel, documentation of this emergency must be provided to the Fleishman Center. If documentation is not received, you will be considered a no show and will be expected to abide by the Professionalism Policy guidelines listed below.
Acceptable documentation may include doctor's notes, jury summons, legal paperwork, etc. The Fleishman Center reserves the right to determine if documentation is considered acceptable.
No shows, late arrivals, late cancellations and unprofessional behavior will place you on the consequences list and you will need to follow the steps below to address the issue:
- Your hireBING account will be suspended.
- Required attendance at a professionalism seminar hosted by the Fleishman Center and partner career offices, as well as the completion of an assignment.
- Once it has been determined that you attended the seminar and understand how your behavior impacted the NYC CONNECT Program, your hireBING by Handshake account will be reactivated.
- Your participation in future Employer Treks may be declined.