Nicholas Terela joined Binghamton University in September 2021. He is a clinical assistant professor at Decker College of Nursing and Health Sciences, where he teaches in the undergraduate nursing program.
Terela is a Binghamton University alumnus. He holds a BA in political science from Harpur College of Arts and Sciences, and both a BS and MS in nursing from Decker College. His specialization was community health nursing; he also earned an advanced certificate in disaster management.
Terela's clinical experience includes working in the emergency department at UHS Wilson Medical Center in Johnson City, N.Y., since 2012. He also served as a flight nurse for Life Net of New York from 2015-17.
- Advanced certificate, disaster management, Binghamton University
- MS, community health nursing, Binghamton University
- BS, nursing, Binghamton University
- BA, political science, Binghamton University
- Emergency nursing/emergency medicine
- Emergency medical services
- Critical care transport
- Event medicine
- Disaster preparedness
- High-fidelity simulation
- Healthcare delivery systems
- Certified emergency nurse
- Certified flight registered nurse
- Trauma certified registered nurse
- Emergency Nurses Association
- Air Surface Transport Nurses Association
- Society of Trauma Nurses
- Sigma Theta Tau