In 2019, the Ross Fund will award approximately $14,800 in grants to nonprofit organizations in partnership with units of Binghamton University. Funds are available beginning July 1 of each grant year.
Applications are due April 19, 2019.
All grant applications must include a Binghamton University partner and community partner, and must be signed by an authorized representative from each entity.
Examples of University partners include academic units, program units, administrative offices or faculty members. Individual students may apply only in conjunction with both a University and a community partner.
Grants are awarded based on the following priorities:
- Promotion of collaboration and cooperation between University and community groups
- Innovative and creative use of the talents and resources of project partners
- Demonstrated commitment to the use of existing funds or to obtaining matching funds
- Significant, enduring and positive difference in the quality of life in the community
Special consideration is given to the initiation and development of new programs and to organizations that provide matching funds.
All projects must benefit and enhance Broome County and contiguous New York counties.
- Grants in the range of $5,000 to $14,800 are encouraged, however, smaller requests with unique promise will be considered.
- Grants to municipal or public agencies for specific projects are considered, provided such projects do not directly replace tax funds or other public funds.
- Grant money may not be used for sectarian or political purposes, nor for operating support or deficit reduction.
Due to donor restrictions, no funds may be used for activities that include nuclear testing, the manufacture of defense products and equipment, cruelty to animals or the production and/or promotion of tobacco or alcoholic beverages.
A complete grant application, including a current application form and application narrative, must be submitted on or before the grant deadline. For more information, call Rebecca Hancock at 607-777-3360.
All applicants will be notified in writing of grant awards around June 1.