Welcome to employment with Binghamton University!
As an employer of New York State, we offer our employees a competitive and comprehensive set of benefits.
General benefits include:
- health insurance / prescription coverage
- dental and vision insurances
- employee assistance program (EAP)
- flexible spending account (FSA) - health care, dependent care & adoption advantage care for eligible bargaining units
- retirement plans & tax deferred programs
- access to retirement planning consultations and seminars
- vacation, holiday and sick leave accruals
- college savings plan
- employee tuition assistance
It is important to realize that your benefits package is determined by the specifics of your employment relationship and eligibility requirements. Refer to our campus Benefits-at-a-Glance page for details.
Our New York State Health Insurance Program (NYSHIP) medical plan options are administered by the NYS Department of Civil Service Employee Benefits Division - via NYSHIP Online.
Due to the time sensitive nature of these benefits, newly benefits eligible employees are generally contacted by a Human Resources representative to schedule a new employee benefits orientation within two weeks of your hire date. If you have not been contacted or you have questions about your benefits eligibility, contact the Employee Benefits Office at 777-6950 or 777-2042.
During your group benefits orientation, discussion will include:
- information regarding medical, dental, vision, and other benefit programs, including enrollment deadlines
- retirement system membership, including tax deferred options
- paid time off accrual and paid family leave for eligible bargaining units
- flexible spending account (FSA) eligibility
- answers to your benefits related questions
General benefits information is available via our list of benefit topics -- click on the Benefits tab at the top of this page.