Welcome to employment with Binghamton University!
As an employer of New York State, we offer our employees a competitive and comprehensive set of benefits. Generally, these benefits include:
- health insurance / prescription coverage
- dental and vision insurances
- employee assistance program (EAP)
- retirement plans & tax deferred programs
- vacation, holiday and sick leave accruals
It is important to realize that your benefits package is determined by the specifics of your employment relationship.
Refer to the Benefits-at-a-Glance page for details.
Due to the time sensitive nature of these benefits, newly benefits eligible employees are generally contacted by a Human Resources representative to schedule a new employee benefits orientation within two weeks of your hire date. If you have not been contacted or you have questions about your benefits eligibility, contact the Employee Benefits Office at 777-6950 or 777-2042.
During your group benefits orientation, discussion will include:
- information regarding medical, dental, vision, and other benefit programs, including enrollment deadlines
- retirement system membership, including tax deferred options
- paid time off accrual
- parking services
- answers to your benefits related questions
General benefits information is available via our list of benefit topics -- click on the Benefits tab at the top of this page.