Link to ERS website: New York State Employees' Retirement System
SEHP Open Health Insurance Enrollment Period 2018
The 2018 Open Enrollment Period for the Student Employee Health Plan (SEHP) will run
from Monday, August 20 through Wednesday, September 19, 2018.
Eligible employees have the following options for enrolling in SEHP:
· Enroll within 45 days of appointment or when the employee becomes first eligible. Coverage begins as of the date the enrollment form is received in the HR office or the date of appointment, whichever is later.
· Employees on F-1 or J-1 Visas and domestic students at campuses where health insurance is mandated will have coverage effective as of the date of appointment.
· Enroll within 30 days of a qualifying event. Coverage becomes effective as of the date the enrollment form is received in the HR office or the date of event, whichever is later.
· Enroll during the Open Enrollment Period. Coverage is effective as of the date the enrollment form is received in the HR office.
· Enrollment is otherwise permitted at any time as a late enrollee. Coverage becomes effective 30 days from the date the enrollment form is received in the HR office.
The Open Enrollment Period provides employees who were eligible for SEHP last year
but chose not to enroll, an opportunity to enroll now, without the 30-day waiting
period otherwise required for late enrollment.
A brief overview of the GSEU health coverage and cost
The link above will take you to the NYSHIP online web site where you will find information on the New York State Health Insurance Program for State and Local Government for active employees.
NEW Graduate and Teaching Assistants please click here for required documents
RETURNING Graduate and Teaching Assistants please click here for required documents
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
HEALTH COVERAGE RATES:
GSEU Benefits Forms, etc:Health Insurance Transaction Form PS404G
- Select Employees, State Employees, NYSHIP and then GSEU
- Select Employees, State Employees, NYSHIP, GSEU, Empire Plan enrollee, other benefits