I am intrigued by building mathematical models and optimization solutions to high-impact, real-world problems in healthcare systems by leveraging large-scale mixed integer programming, graph theory and stochastic simulation methods. My recent research is focused on the optimization of infectious disease surveillance systems and control policies, and the development of decision-support software for pandemic preparedness and response.
My work has been featured in several local and national news outlets.
- University of Texas, Flu Season Forecasts Could Be More Accurate with Access to Health Care Companies' Data.
- The Daily Texan, UT-Austin researchers develop more accurate approach to flu season forecasting.
- Becker's Hospital Review, Athenahealth data offers best predictions of flu season, study finds.
- KXAN, UT researchers find health company data can help predict flu risk.
- Science Daily, Flu season forecasts could be more accurate with access to health care companies' data.
- The Now, Researchers come up with better flu forecasting model.
Medical Xpress, Flu season forecasts could be more accurate with access to health care companies' data.
CBS-Austin UT Researchers: Access to health record data could increase flu season forecast accuracy.
2010-15: Ph.D. in Industrial and Systems Engineering, Texas A&M University, College Station
2008-10: Master of engineering in industrial and systems engineering, Texas A&M University, College Station,TX Full CV (updated 05/2021)
- Assistant Professor, Industrial and Systems Engineering, Binghamton University, Vestal, NY September 2020 - Present
- Adjunct Professor, Department of Decision Sciences and Operations, The Marshall School of Business, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA August 2019 - August 2020
- Health Data Science Fellow, Insight Data Science, San Francisco, CA, January 2019 - Present
- Postdoctoral Research Fellow}, Department of Statistics and Data Sciences, University of Texas at Austin, Austin, TX January 2016 - August 2019
- Instructor, Industrial and Systems Engineering Department, Dwight Look College of Engineering, College Station, TX September 2014 - December 2014
- Research and Teaching Assistant, Industrial and Systems Engineering Department, Dwight Look College of Engineering, College Station, TX September 2008 - September 2015