Fulbright Foreign Language Teaching Assistant Program (FLTA)
The Fulbright Foreign Language Teaching Assistant (FLTA) Program is sponsored by the United States Department of State's Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs (ECA). As part of the Fulbright Foreign Student Program, the Fulbright FLTA Program is designed to develop Americans' knowledge of foreign cultures and languages by supporting teaching assistantships in over 30 languages at hundreds of U.S. institutions of higher education. The program offers educators from over 50 countries the opportunity to develop their professional skills and gain first-hand knowledge of the U.S., its culture and its people.
Our FLTA Fellows have included:
- 2018-2019: Elsayed Elsisi, Egypt
- 2017-2018: Abdelhamid 'Hamid' Nasr Tamim, Egypt
- 2016-2017: Fiddah Nasser, Bahrain
- 2015-2016: Jamal Al-Sulaiman, Kuwait
- 2014-2015: Bochra Kouraichi