|Off Premises Campus Meetings
|Director of Procurement
|Last Revision Date
The University, as a general policy, recognizes that University sponsored or conducted staff meetings, conferences, workshops, etc. are normally conducted on a more economical and effective basis when held on premises. However, the University also recognizes that under certain circumstances it may be advantageous to conduct meetings, conferences and workshops at off-premises locations. Such circumstances might include the following:
- Adequate facilities are not available on or near the campus or other State installations.
- Most of the attendees are from areas throughout the State, making another location more economical.
- The meeting requires special equipment not available at University or other New York State facilities.
NOTE: Normal State procurement procedures must be followed for off-campus meetings and advertising will be required if space and related meeting costs exceed $20,000.
Location of Off-Site Meetings
If circumstances prevent the holding of a meeting at a State facility, it may be necessary to use private facilities. In choosing such a location, the following restraints should be observed:
- Conference facilities at resort areas should not be used for any SUNY initiated meetings during the resort’s prime season. Such a meeting place would be susceptible to misinterpretation by the general public, as well as being prohibitively expensive.
- Campuses must submit clear justification for expenses in excess of the current per diem rate, set forth in the hosting guidelines.
- The meeting site should be easily accessible to all participants and not require unusual or special transportation facilities.
For Additional Payment Information
See the Accounts Payable website at: https://www.binghamton.edu/offices/accounts-payable/hosting.html