|Policy Title||Campus Mail Services|
|Responsible Office||Physical Facilities - Stores & Mail Operations Supervisor|
|Policy Type||Institutional Services|
|Last Revision Date||8/18/2022|
The following Campus Mail Services procedures and information should assist you in achieving faster deliveries and better service. Your cooperation is appreciated.
- Intra-Campus Mail for Faculty and Staff: Use person's name and department. Please do not use nicknames, initials, building or room numbers. The Innovative Technologies Complex and the University Downtown Center are serviced by the CMS, and intra-campus mail can be used by following the same procedures.
- Intra-Campus Mail for Students: Use #10 plain white envelope. Use student's name and BU Box number.
- Incoming Mail for Faculty and Staff: Addresses must include a name and department in order for it to be deliverable. Use the proper Zip+4 along with the PO Box number for your department. Mail not having a department in the address will be delayed while attempts are made to find the recipient.
PO Box 6000
Binghamton, NY 13902-6000
The following departments have their own PO Box numbers:
Admissions — PO Box 6001
Student Accounts — PO Box 6003
Binghamton Foundation — PO Box 6005
Libraries — PO Box 6012
- Incoming Mail for Students: All mail must include the correct BU Box number (the student's personal mailbox) to be deliverable. All mail carried by the United States Postal Service must also have PO Box 6020 in the address.
Private shippers will not deliver to a PO Box number, therefore, "4400 Vestal Parkway East" needs to be substituted for the PO Box number.
Mail not including a BU Box and PO Box number will be returned to sender.
BU Box #####
PO Box 6020
Binghamton, NY 13902-6020
Outgoing Department Mail
The department must be included in the return address for return purposes. An account bar code must be included for charge back purposes. This will also speed the processing and improve the accuracy of the charges for outgoing mail. Priority, Express, Certified, and Registered forms can be ordered from the CMS. Unless otherwise endorsed, all mail will be posted via First Class service. This includes both domestic and foreign mail.
Outgoing Personal Mail
To prevent personal mail from being returned to sender, please be sure to use the correct amount of postage. Stamped mail over 13 ounces must be taken to a Federal Postal Facility or the CMS Personal Postage window.
Campus Mail Services has two windows to service the campus community: one for retail sales, the other for business mail and package pickup.
- Personal Postage (retail sales): Open Monday – Friday 11:00 am until 2:00 during the fall and spring semester. This is located in the University Union lounge at the bottom of the steps near gray mailbox below the Marketplace on the opposite side of the room from the package pickup window. You may buy mailing supplies, stamps and ship out USPS Flat Rate Boxes from this window. You may drop off packages that already have the shipping label on them. During semester breaks, personal postage is located at the regular package pickup window.
- Main Window (package pickup and business mail): Open from 11 a.m. to 3:50 p.m., Monday through Friday during Fall and Spring semesters. Summer and winter semester hours are from noon until 2:50 p.m. This window is located in the north end of the University Union underneath the Market Place. Students can retrieve their parcels from this window with their BU ID. All University business mail is processed in this area.
Postal Rates and Fees
Please call Campus Mail Services with your questions regarding current rates and fees. You may also call the United States Postal Service at 1-800-ASK-USPS. The USPS also has an extensive website, where a rate calculator, zip codes, and other useful information is available when you need it. Just go to www.usps.gov for general information. For the rate calculator go to http://postcalc.usps.gov/.
- Express Mail: This service provides guaranteed delivery of your letter or parcel to most destinations within the United States.
- Certified Mail: Certified Mail allows the sender to have proof of sending the item. With Certified Mail, you may also have the recipient sign and send back a Return Receipt to let you know they have received their mail piece.
- Priority Express Mail: This service provides guaranteed delivery of your letter or parcel to most destinations within the United States.
- Insured Mail: Packages needing insurance are sent via United Parcel Service.
- Supplies and Forms: Supplies and forms for the above mentioned services are available from the Campus Mail Services. Please make sure to include your department name on all receipts that will be returned to you.
Recipient’s phone number and email address is recommended in case there is an issue with the delivery of the item.
- Endorsements: Overseas mail will be sent via regular Air Mail unless otherwise endorsed. For rates, fees, and time of delivery, please check the USPS web site.
- Priority Express Mail: You may use Priority Express Mail to deliver time sensitive matter overseas. Regular Domestic Priority Express Mail envelopes and forms may be used, and customs forms are required for all parcels.
- Registered Mail: When you need to send mail Certified to a foreign country you must use Registered Mail. You may also have a Return Receipt added for proof of delivery.
- M-Bags: Books may be sent Internationally at reduced rate by using an M-Bag.
- Customs Forms: Customs forms are not required on documents less than one pound. For all other items, customs forms must be filed electronically by CMS prior to mailing. Attach a note to the outside of the envelope/parcel with a description of the item as well as a value in US Dollars. Please be aware that if a high dollar value is assigned to the item, duties and taxes may have to be paid by the recipent or sender.
The University has a contract with Fedex to ship at reduced rates for department chargeback only. Please Note: All Fedex shipments must have a street address. Fedex cannot ship to a PO Box.
To use Fedex, please make a notation on the item's address label to Ship Via Fedex. Include the service level required (Next Day, Second Day, Three Day Select, or Ground) and note any insurance requirements. Also include your account bar code for chargeback purposes. If you would like to track the item, please include your email address and UPS will send the tracking information when the item is picked up from our office.
Fedex can also be used for International Express and Ground services. Please contact the Campus Mail Services for further information.
Please Note: All UPS shipments must have a street address. UPS can not ship to a PO Box.
To use UPS, please make a notation on the item's address label to Ship Via UPS. Include the service level required (Next Day, Second Day, Three Day Select, or Ground) and note any insurance requirements. Also include your account bar code for chargeback purposes. If you would like to track the item, please include your email address and UPS will send the tracking information when the item is picked up from our office.
Please contact the Campus Mail Services for further information.
All packages must come from a carrier such as USPS, UPS, FEDEX, OR DHL. Campus mail does not accept food deliveries from vendors such as Instacart or DoorDash. Campus mail does not refrigerate items. We do not accept open containers or produce. Be cautious of using services such as Walmart+ as items not properly addressed are refused or discarded if left randomly on University property.
Delivery notifications received from a carrier does not always mean your package has been processed at campus mail. You will receive an email notification from CMS when it is available for pick up.