The National Science Foundation funded State University of New York (SUNY) Louis Stokes Alliance for Minority Participation Bridge to the Doctorate (LSAMP BD) program at Binghamton University establishes a bridge helping students to obtain a PhD by providing the financial support to pursue graduate study, faculty mentors to guide students academically and professionally, and a support network of staff to assist them in accomplishing their goals.
- Participation in a LSAMP program during undergrad
- Bachelor's degree in a STEM discipline with a 3.0 GPA or better
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Acceptance into a STEM graduate program at Binghamton University
- Desire to pursue a Ph.D. in a STEM discipline
The benefits of becoming a SUNY LSAMP BD Fellow include:
- Tuition, fees and student health insurance waiver for first two years
- Stipend of $30,000 annually for first two years
- Level funding in years 3, 4, & 5 if qualified to advance to PhD
- Faculty mentoring
- Participation in professional conferences and meetings
- Links to research and professional opportunities
- Enriched academic services and support
All of our current BD spots have been filled! Please visit the link below at NIH for a comprehensive list of Bridges to the Doctorate Program Participating Institutions.
Even if a deadline has passed, it is recommended contacting the people listed on the respective websites. The university may still be accepting applications. Apply ASAP!