Our residence halls close for Thanksgiving Break on Wednesday, Nov. 27 at 3 p.m. and reopen at 2 p.m. on Sunday, Dec. 1.
All residents (except those in break housing - Mohawk, Delaware, Windham or the Apartments) will need to make plans to leave their communities by this time.
If you live in Break Housing in Mohawk, Windham or Delaware, see specific closing notice for break housing.
If you live in the Apartment Communities – Susquehanna or Hillside – see specific closing notice for apartment communities.
If something has changed and you can no longer leave over breaks, please visit your area office to see about the possibility of a room change into break housing for the remainder of the year.
If you will be staying on campus during Thanksgiving Break, register here.
Before leaving your residence hall, you must:
- Unplug all electrical devices (except refrigerators).
- Close and lock all windows and doors.
- Close and lower blinds three-quarters down.
- Remove all perishable food and trash from your room and hall.
- If you leave a car on campus, please park it in Lot G1, M1, or ZZ North or South for security reasons. Find a parking map here.
- Please keep in mind that the heat will be substantially reduced. Plants/pets/fish that may be negatively affected by the temperature change should be taken home.
Note: Residential Life staff will be checking each room to see that safety and maintenance conditions have been met.
If you plan to arrive before the halls re-open, you should arrange for a place to stay off campus until the halls open.
Many students bring decorations back to campus after Thanksgiving recess. If you plan to do so, read:
HAVE A HAPPY AND SAFE BREAK!