Your room will contain a bed with mattress, desk, chair, wardrobe and dresser. Our communities and most areas of campus are covered by our wireless Wi-Fi network.
- any medication prescribed to the student
- bedding: pillow, pillow case, sheets (extra-long twin), blanket, bedspread
- cleaning supplies: laundry detergent, dish detergent
- toiletries: soap, shampoo, deodorant
- towels and washcloths
- eating utensils: cup, bowl, plate, spoon, fork
- clothes hangers
- computer and chargers
- notebooks, pens
- desk lamp
- shower caddy and shower shoes
- umbrella and/or raincoat
- packaged snacks
If you have posters you want to hang, bring poster hanging putty – look for the blue kind for easier removal (for CIW, Hinman, Mountainview and Apartments) or push pins/thumb tacks (for Dickinson and Newing).
Refrigerators and microwaves
The University contracts a third party for leasing refrigerator and microwave units which are leased on a semester or yearly basis and will be delivered to the room prior to your arrival. For more information, visit the MicroFridge website.
Each of the lower campus community buildings has a kitchen on the first floor that residents may use. The Apartments Communities have full kitchens so cooking utensils are suggested.
- tapestries, wall flags or any other cloth decorations
- draperies or window coverings (all windows have blinds)
- candles and incense
- space heaters
- heating element or open coil appliances (multi-cup coffee maker, hot plate, toaster, toaster oven, etc.)
- halogen and multi-headed lamps
- alcohol (if under 21)
- extension cords or cube adaptors
- no bed lofting supplies
- air conditioners
- devices that use the reactivity of ozone for the purpose of cleaning the air
See the housing license for a complete list of what is not permitted in the residence halls.