Dana Stewart's teaching specialties are Italian literature of the Middle Ages and Renaissance, including Dante, Petrarch, Boccaccio, Machiavelli, Humanism and medieval science and magic.
Her areas of interest in research are Dante, early Italian lyric poetry, medieval French love literature and the history of science. She is active in the Center for Medieval and Renaissance Studies (CEMERS) and is on the advisory board for Mediaevalia.
- PhD, MA, Stanford University
- BA, University of Southern California
- Early Italian Lyric Poetry
- Medieval French Love Literature
- History of Science
- Italian Literature of the Middle Ages
- Renaissance, Including Dante, Petrarch, Boccaccio, Machiavelli, Humanism and Medieval Science and Magic
- Chancellor's Award for Excellence in Faculty Service