Yu "Chelsea" Jin received her BS degree in 2014 from the Department of Information Science and Technology at Jinan University in Guangzhou, China. In 2015, she received her ME degree in manufacturing engineering from the University of Michigan at Ann Arbor. She earned her PhD degree in industrial engineering at the University of Arkansas - Fayetteville in May 2020, and she will join Binghamton University as an assistant professor in Fall 2020. Her research focuses on sensing and analytics, advanced manufacturing, data mining and machine learning for manufacturing and service applications. She received the IISE Gilbreth Memorial Fellowship in both 2018 and 2019; the Kuroda Graduate Fellowship in Engineering and Graduate Research Award in 2019 and the Outstanding Graduate Student Award in 2020 from the University of Arkansas. Her work has been published in IISE Transactions and ASME Journal of Manufacturing Science and Engineering. She is an active member of IISE and INFORMS, and she served as the president of the INFORMS student chapter at the University of Arkansas.
- PhD: University of Arkansas - Fayetteville
- ME: University of Michigan at Ann Arbor.
- BS: Jinan University in Guangzhou, China
- Additive Manufacturing
- Sensing and analytics
- Quality inspection and monitoring
- Data-driven analytical modeling
- Featured article in Industrial and Systems Engineer magazine, IISE, 2020.
- Outstanding Graduate Student Award, Department of Industrial Engineering, University of Arkansas, 2020.
- Finalist of Industrial Data Challenge - Quality, Statistics and Reliability (QSR) Section, INFORMS, 2019.
- I-SIM Diversity Award, INFORMS Simulation Society, 2019.
- Gilbreth Memorial Fellowship, Institute of Industrial and Systems Engineers (IISE), 2018-2020.
- Kuroda Graduate Fellowships in Engineering, University of Arkansas, 2019.
- Graduate Research Award, Department of Industrial Engineering, University of Arkansas, 2019.
- Graduate Academic Award, Department of Industrial Engineering, University of Arkansas, 2018.
- Jin, Y., Pierson, H., and Liao, H., “Toolpath Allocation and Process Scheduling for Concurrent Fused Filament Fabrication with Multiple Extruders”, IISE Transactions, 51.2 (2019): 192-208.
- Jin, Y., Pierson, H., and Liao, H., “Scale and Pose Invariant Feature Quality Inspection for Freeform Geometries in Additive Manufacturing”, ASME Journal of Manufacturing Science and Engineering, 141.12 (2019).
- Wang, N., Jin, Y., Ma, L., and Liao, H., “A Computational Method for Finding the Availability of Opportunistically Maintained Multi-State Systems with Non-exponential Distributions”, IISE Transactions, Accepted, 2019.
- Jin, Y., Liao, H. and Pierson, H., “A Multi-Resolution Framework for Automated In-plane Alignment and Error Quantification in Additive Manufacturing”, Rapid Prototyping Journal, Accepted, 2020.
- Jin, Y., Ruiz, C., Liao H., and Pierson, H., “Optimization for the Rebalancing and Maintenance of Bicycle-Sharing Systems”, submitted to Transportation Research Part D, working paper, 2020.
- Jin, Y., Azucena, J., and Liao, H., “Modeling and Analysis of Two Normal Populations based on an Unlabeled Paired Sample.”, to be submitted to Statistics & Probability Letters, working paper, 2020.