Hyunsoo Yoon joined the Department of Systems Science and Industrial Engineering at Binghamton University as an assistant professor in 2020. He received his BS and MS in industrial engineering from Korea University in 2010 and 2012, respectively. He got his second MS in statistics from Georgia Institute of Technology in 2013. He received his PhD in industrial engineering from Arizona State University in 2018.
Prior to joining Binghamton University, he was a post-doctoral fellow at the ASU-Mayo Clinic Center for Innovative Imaging. His research focuses on practice, algorithm, and theory of statistical machine learning in a broad number of applications. He is actively engaged with interdisciplinary research with Mayo Clinic, Columbia University, University of Pennsylvania, Amgen, Drexel University, etc. He received the best paper award at the INFORMS Data Mining and Decision Analysis Workshop in 2019. He is a member of IISE, INFORMS and IEEE, and a research affiliate at Mayo Clinic.
- PhD in Industrial Engineering, Arizona State University
- MS in Statistics, Georgia Institute of Technology
- MS in Industrial Engineering, Korea University
- BS in Industrial Engineering, Korea University
- Statistical Learning Models
- Heterogeneous Data Fusion
- Transfer Learning
- Domain Adaptation
- Generalizable Machine Learning