The Student Affairs Assessment and Solutions for Engagement office seeks to educate and collaborate with others to efficiently produce valuable information and facilitate engagement throughout the campus community.
We value, in our work and ourselves:
B-Engaged Virtual Events Checklist
As your office or group transitions any events you might be planning from in-person to virtual due to COVID-19, here are some best practices for adding virtual events to B-Engaged:
- Add links to virtual meetings (on Zoom, Google Hangouts, etc.) instead of room locations
in the event creation form.
- Note: When users receive their confirmation email from B-Engaged after registering for an event, the link (in the location field) will be listed. This link is clickable from their email.
- Add links to virtual meetings (on Zoom, Google Hangouts, etc.) front and center in
the event description (in the event creation form).
- Note: When users receive their confirmation email from B-Engaged after registering for an event, if they choose to add the event to their personal calendar, the event description will show up as the calendar event's description with the link. This link will be clickable from their email.
- Include ‘Virtual’ in every event title.
- Add the ‘Virtual’ Event Tag to every event.
- Encourage event attendees to continue to register on B-Engaged as normal (in order
to maintain accurate attendance tracking for your office).
- Note: You can also send out reminder emails about your upcoming event that could include the call-in information in the email, as well as send a push notification about the email to those who have the CampusGroups app downloaded.
- How to “resurrect” deleted in-person events and make them virtual:
- Log into B-Engaged.
- Go to your Group > Click Events > Click Deleted Events.
- Select the event you want to bring back > Click the ‘Undelete’ button.
- Make necessary edits to the event in the event creation form (see best practices above).
- Click Save.