During the COVID19 outbreak precautions, UB staff at Binghamton University is working to provide outreach and support to our UB schools, scholars and families.
Staff will be observing federal and state recommendations for social distancing.
Upward Bound is a free college preparatory program for qualified high school students. Upward Bound helps students develop the skills and motivation necessary for high school graduation. Upward Bound Scholars seek enrollment and success in college. Student Scholars and their families must meet the program's eligibility requirements to participate.
During the academic year, Upward Bound Academic Counselors visit each participating high school once per week. They meet with students, guidance counselors and teachers. The Academic Counselors follow each Scholar's academic and personal progress, offering guidance, attention and support.
In addition, Upward Bound provides the following services:
- Arranging and facilitating university and college visits
- Assistance preparing for SAT and ACT exams
- Presentations and workshops about planning for college, what to consider in choosing a college, and Federal Student Financial Aid programs and benefits
- Help developing problem-solving skills and participation in team-building activities
- Assistance completing college admissions applications and financial aid forms
- Scholarship information
Participating Senior High Schools: Binghamton, Chenango Forks, Chenango Valley, Deposit, Greene , Harpursville, Johnson City, Sidney, Union-Endicott, Whitney Point and Windsor