Last updated at 4:30 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 17
Winter weather advisory to campus
Due to the higher levels of snow than expected, all non-essential employees should work remotely today. Essential employees should use discretion. There will be no OCCT service today.
Any issues on campus should be reported to Customer Service at 607-777-2226. The Physical Facilities Grounds Department will prioritize snow removal in accordance with the campus’ snow removal plan.
Additional information on some services:
Health and Psychiatry will be on site and able to conduct COVID-19 tests and provide telehealth as normal Friday, Dec. 18. The University Counseling Center will remain primarily remote but students can call 607-777-2772 during normal business hours and speak with staff.
- The Libraries will be closed Friday, Dec. 18. Check the library website for updates.
- The Rec Center at the East Gym will remain closed Friday, Dec. 18, to allow for snow removal of campus roadways and sidewalks. This includes all activity areas, including open recreation, group fitness classes and FitSpace.
- The Binghamton University Bookstore is closed Friday, Dec. 18.
- Visions Federal Credit Union on campus is closed Friday, Dec. 18.
- Dining Services will operate as normal Friday, Dec. 18, with orders placed via the
Bite App and picked up at CIW Dining Hall on the following schedule: breakfast pickup
from 8-9 a.m.; lunch pickup from 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.; and dinner pickup from 5-6
- OCCT will operate if BAP students require transportion to SUNY Broome. Check the ETA Spot App or this website for updates.
- Parking on campus during snowfall
Transportation and Parking Services (TAPS) reminds those coming to campus that, even during snowfall, vehicles are prohibited from parking in commuter lots between midnight and 5 a.m. In addition, the Visitor's Paid Lot, Lot LT and Lot J1 must be empty between 5 and 7 a.m. if the green light is on. These rules are in place for snow removal purposes.
Vehicles parked in commuter lots during these times will be ticketed and towed at the owner's expense. If you need to leave your car on campus overnight, there are 24-hour “R” lots available for parking. See the parking map for a full list 24-hour “R” lot locations.
Due to temporary changes to snow removal procedures until Feb. 3, the following parking lots will not be an immediate priority and will be cleared of snow only during regularly scheduled working hours.
• Lot F3
• Lot G1
• Lot M3
• Lot S2
• Lot W (upper portion only)
• Lot Y5
• Lot Y4
Continue to return here for up-to-date information.
We take campus safety seriously.