Advance your education and the lives of others with Binghamton University's Master of Science (MS) in Human Rights degree.
The first of its kind in the SUNY system, this program provides professional training in the theory and practice of human rights, with a focus on community-level engagement. Our students develop competencies in community organizing, social innovation, program evaluation, and interdisciplinary, applied research.
With a human rights degree from Binghamton, you'll be able to collaborate with community members and professionals at the local, regional, national and international level to promote social change.
We also offer a 16-credit Advanced Certificate in Human Rights program.
- MS in Human Rights
- certificate in Human Rights
Internships, Research Opportunities and More
Not all human rights programs across the country allow students to earn credits for their internship --- just one more reason to enroll at Binghamton University!
- MS in Human Rights faculty have deep ties with community organizations in the New York Southern Tier region and beyond, and they will work closely with you to identify a human rights organization that matches your interest.
- After you select a placement, you'll work at the organization over the summer on local, national or international issues.
- Upon successful completion of your internship, you'll earn four (4) credits toward your degree.
After You Graduate
Our graduates have rewarding careers and use their degree in many different settings including in:
- local, regional, national and international human rights and social justice organizations
- human resources
Visit the Human Rights Department website for program requirements.
Visit Binghamton’s graduate admissions website for general application requirements.
International students have additional requirements.
This information is subject to change. While we make every effort to update these program pages, we recommend you contact the department with questions about program-specific requirements.
|Human Rights (MS)||Rolling (January 1 Priority / February 1 Funding)||N/A|
You may also be interested in our accelerated/4+1 degree programs which allow students to complete their bachelor’s degree and a master’s degree in just 5 years!
For more information, visit the Human Rights website.