Study on Adverse Childhood Experiences, Mental Health and Hormones in Women
Eligible participants must:
• be local to Binghamton University;
• be CIS-female, age 18-35 years;
• not be pregnant or breastfeeding now or in the past 12 months;
• not have artificial fingernails;
• never have been diagnosed with “Long-COVID”;
• not use hormonal contraceptive, glucocorticoid, anti-anxiety, or antidepressant medications; and
• complete the baseline eligibility and mental health survey linked below.
Then, if you are eligible, we will schedule for you to come to Binghamton University for three 30-minute sessions, two weeks apart to:
• provide fingernail samples for cortisol measurements;
• provide saliva samples for cortisol and estrogen measurements; and
• answer anonymous, online mental health questionnaires.
Eligible participants will receive a $50 Amazon gift card for completing the initial survey, plus all three of the in-person data collection sessions. Partial compensation will not be provided.
This study has been approved by the Binghamton University Institutional Review Board.
Study coordinator is Mallory Peters at email@example.com
Contact PI Jodi Dowthwaite with questions.
Contact Jodi Dowthwaite PhD or visit https://binghamton.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_dgJEClL4E3tlGUS