Healthy Campus Summit
The Healthy Campus Summit provides students, faculty, staff and community members a captivating day-long program to highlight the achievements and progress of the Healthy Campus Initiative. Our hope is that all attendees will leave with personally useful wellness related information, as well as be more informed about University resources, programs and projects underway to help make Binghamton University a healthier academic environment and workplace.
Sessions at the Summit are typically connected to a current or recent HCI project. By opening dialogues on culture change and fostering campus-wide collaborations in educational programming, research and healthy living, we are one step closer to meeting our goal of becoming the healthiest campus.
Past keynote speakers include:
- Gregory Eells, director of counseling and psychological services at Cornell University
- Dan Lerner, author of U Thrive: How to Succeed in College (and Life)
- Michael Finkelstein, MD, executive director of the Slow Medicine Foundation and the author of Slow Medicine: Hope and Healing for Chronic Illness
- Megan Amaya, assistant professor of clinical nursing, director of health promotion and wellness, The Ohio State University
Binghamton University's annual Health Fair event is held at the East Gym. The annual event, hosted by Binghamton University Dining Services, in partnership with the Department of Campus Recreational Services and the Healthy Campus Initiative: B-Healthy, focuses on the health and wellness resources available to the University community, both on campus and off.
Learn about campus and community resources that will help enhance your well-being at the Health Fair. Groups include:
- the Binghamton University Dining Services (BUDS) Wellness Team,
- the BUDS Sustainability Team,
- Campus Recreation,
- Health Promotion and Prevention Services,
- the Family Enrichment Network,
- the Multicultural Resource Center, Tri-City Hearing,
- the UHS Stay Healthy Center,
- Binghamton University's Employee Assistance Program
- and more.
Parent and Family Weekend
Parents and families are integral partners with the University in creating a culture of health and wellness at Binghamton University. We believe establishing a relationship with parents and family members ensures a successful Binghamton University experience for students.
B-Healthy has collaborated with Parent and Family Programs to offer innovative keynote speakers as part of our annual Family Weekend celebration.
Past keynote speakers include:
- Julie Lythcott-Haims, NY Times best selling author of the anti-helicopter parenting manifesto, How to Raise an Adult.
- Jessica Lahey, author of the NY Times best seller The Gift of Failure: How the Best Parents Learn to Let Go So Their Children Can Succeed.
Creating a culture of well-being requires regular and on-going opportunities for students, faculty and staff to engage in workshops, activities and engagements that support healthy living. Many of our campus partners offer these programs throughout the year. B-Healthy co-sponsors, collaborates and supports many. Find out more by visiting Employee Assistant Program, University Center for Training and Development, and Campus Recreation Services.