Thanks for your interest in the Community Research and Action PhD program! Below is information important for all prospective students.
Community Research and Action PhD
The PhD program in Community Research and Action prepares students for academic or policy-related careers as public scholars focused on addressing critical issues facing communities.
- Varied disciplines
- Ecological systems framework of human development
- Interdisciplinary and engaged approaches for studying community and social issues
- Collaboration with faculty through courses, develop research studies, dissertation work, projects, and other endeavors
- Affiliated faculty have backgrounds in a variety of interdisciplinary research and work
Now accepting fall 2022 applications
The Community Research and Action, PhD application for fall is now available. Here are the required Admissions materials:
- Official transcripts with bachelor's and master's degree
- Personal statement
- Resume or curriculum vitae (CV)
- Three letters of recommendation
The application deadline for full-time funding is Jan. 15. Applicants will be notified of their admission decision in March. Start your application now!
We enjoy connecting with students!