2019 Training Seminars
Build Your Online Business
This is a 4-hour course split into two 2-hour sessions for the following dates:
- Part I: July 9, from 4:00pm - 6:00pm
- Part II: July 16 from 4:00pm - 6:00pm
In Build Your Online Business, students build an online business using G Suite applications.
By the end of these lessons, students will be able to:
- Outline their skills, interests, resources, and validate a business idea
- Conduct market research and organize their findings in a slideshow presentation
- Determine the best online marketplace to sell their product/service
- Design a flyer to promote the business product/service
- Use a spreadsheet to track inventory, spending, and profits
- Create a customer feedback survey
Attendees will need to bring a laptop with the current version of Chrome or Firefox browser.
15 Hour Small Business Training Program
Are you starting a business? Are you already in business and need an entrepreneurial “tune-up?” The Small Business Training Program is for you. Learn from the experts how to build your idea into a profitable venture. Topics include:
- Discovering how to avoid risks and improve your chances of success
- Assessing the financial and market feasibility of your business
- Discovering how to understand and develop financial statements – the key to effective planning, decision-making and profits
- Presentations and Q&A from professionals such as bankers, insurance agents, and accountants
WHEN: Sessions take place on Wednesday, July 10 and Wednesday July 17, from 9:00am - 4:30pm
WHERE: Otsego Now Offices, 189 Main Street, Oneonta, NY
Both sessions are included in the price of $75.00. An SBDC Certificate of Completion will be awarded at the end of the 2nd session.
This Certificate is a requirement of the Otsego County and City of Oneonta Microenterprise Grant Program.