NOTICE FOR SPRING 2022 CLASSES
Disclaimer: EdComm is a support resource for technology-enabled teaching. Instructions offered by EdComm, and found on this page, are not directives towards faculty, nor are they official policy for instruction at Binghamton University campus. They are meant as training and support aids on how to engage the technology available to faculty in classrooms.
Adjustments have been made to Binghamton University classrooms in order to improve technology-enabled teaching inside of the classroom and to mitigate various health concerns (to the extent we are able).
Please take a moment to read through this document to familiarize yourself with this new environment:
Technical changes in room:
- Wireless Lapel Microphones will be put out in large classrooms daily, as per a usual semester; however faculty may elect to be issued their own Shure Lapel mic to use in rooms where a mic system is installed (while supplies last). Professors will request a mic via email to email@example.com. Professors can pick up batteries for their mic at the main EdComm office, Old Johnson 230 suite.
- Some rooms have had lapel mics removed from the space and replaced with either tabletop microphones or swing-arm microphones. Contact EdComm for more details on your space.
- Many classrooms have had small USB cameras added to the desk. You may use these at your discretion for online participation.
- Many classrooms have had USB cables added to the document camera, to use in conjunction with online web conferencing software like Panopto and Zoom. See the instructional video's section below for more details. Contact EdComm if you'd like a cable.
- Several Classrooms have a Panopto recording / broadcasting system installed. These rooms are: CW108, CW110, CW202, CW212, CW214, SL206, LH1, LH2, EB110 and LN1324. If you are in one of these spaces for Fall 2021 semester, please contact EdComm to schedule your class media recordings / broadcasts
- Classroom AV support visits will resume starting in the Fall 2021 semester. Phone support is always available for classroom help: 7-4757 (607-777-4757)
Cleaning Instructions for Classroom Faculty:
- Spray two pumps of alcohol-based sanitizer or cleaner directly in to a shammy. Use the shammy to clean off the keyboard, mouse, and control panel.
- Swing-arm microphones can be cleaned with the same shammy and sanitizer process as the keyboards and mice. Again, be sure to spray the shammy, not the equipment.
Online Hybrid Delivery Notes:
- Professors in laptop ready classrooms will need to bring their own laptop and camera/mic to teach to an online cohort. Professors can request a camera/mic in the forms section below
- Professors in multimedia classrooms can use the installed room PC and attached camera/mic if they wish.
- Professors in Panopto-enabled classrooms can have the system automatically broadcast their content. Contact EdComm to coordinate.
- EdComm has a supply of USB microphones, headsets, earpiece wireless systems, USB camera's and personal PA's. Email us to request one here: firstname.lastname@example.org
Supporting videos and Links:
- Laptop Ready Classroom Instructions video: https://binghamton.
hosted.panopto.com/Panopto/ Pages/Viewer.aspx?id=f883aa20- 3b4b-4e6b-8930-a9000115417b
- Classroom Touchpanel controller instruction video: https://binghamton.
hosted.panopto.com/Panopto/ Pages/Viewer.aspx?id=f2229fa6- 53b2-4a43-8100-a8ff01228bfe
- Shure Lapel mic frequency instructions: https://
binghamton.hosted.panopto.com/ Panopto/Pages/Viewer.aspx?id= 591c17a1-5188-4c81-82fb- ac0e014660bf
- Provisioning Brightspace for panopto recordings: https://www.binghamton.edu/clt/ecc/av-services/policies-1.html
- Panopto Classroom instruction video: https://binghamton.hosted.
panopto.com/Panopto/Pages/ Viewer.aspx?id=ecabf12d-664f- 48fd-9f82-ac0c0023baeb
- Hybrid (zoom) delivery instruction video: https://binghamton.hosted.panopto.com/Panopto/Pages/Viewer.aspx?id=319605af-ed54-48fb-babe-ad9700ff718d
- Zoom Instructional video: https://binghamton.hosted.panopto.com/Panopto/Pages/Viewer.aspx?id=4de8950e-3d63-4ec9-bafa-abf9011ecf74
- LH8 and LH14 Camera Guide:
- Connecting Zoom recordings to class Panopto Folder: https://binghamton.service-now.com/sp?id=kb_article&sysparm_article=KB0010557&sys_kb_id=864897d81b8b9810239510ad2d4bcb1e&spa=1
- Zoom Bombing Guide: https://binghamton.hosted.panopto.com/Panopto/Pages/Viewer.aspx?id=52ca407f-13b8-4319-b898-ab9100e5c295
- Wolfvision doc-cam / web-cam instruction video: https://binghamton.hosted.
panopto.com/Panopto/Pages/ Viewer.aspx?id=42e1ea65-542b- 4466-bba7-ac0600ec74c7
- Online course development guide from the CLT: https://docs.google.com/
document/d/ 1g1hCk4rgb7bfsFDIGBXDf3BzaeWZS 95gsSPbYy5wc7Y/edit
- University Center for Training and Development Homepage: https://www.
- EdComm Classrooms Page: https://www.binghamton.
As always, Educational Communications strives to support the campus in the best way possible. Please let us know if we can assist you further.
Director, Educational Communications