For engineering majors only.
Students must be admitted to the minor.
The program director must approve the declaration of this minor.
Students must earn a GPA of 2.0 or better in all required courses.
Courses (excluding prerequisites) used to fulfill requirements for the major cannot be used as courses satisfying requirements for a minor.
The courses may be used to fulfill Gen-Ed requirements.
Must be completed before declaring major
- MATH 224 - Differential Calculus
- MATH 225 - Integral Calculus
- MATH 226 - Integration Tech & Application
- MATH 227 - Infinite Series
Required Courses (not including pre-requisites)
Core sustainability engineering
- EDD 305 - Intro to Sustainable Eng & Des
- EDD 306 - Eng Sustainable Energy
- EDD 307 - Ecology for Engineers
- 12 credit hours must be selected from at least two departments.
- At least two of the elective courses must be at the advanced undergraduate level (i.e., 300 or 400).
- Courses required within a student’s major other than elective courses CANNOT be used as courses satisfying requirements for the minor.
- All courses with approval of department and instructor.
- Courses shown are the currently approved by departments
- Departments may add or remove courses in the future
- Students MUST double-check with each corresponding department when selecting courses. Students are responsible for prerequisites.
- BME 201 - Intro to Biomedical Eng
- BME 203 - Biomed Modeling Numerical Meth
- BME 213 - Biomolecular Engineering
- BME 303 - Bio-fluid Mechanics
- BME 313 - Biomaterials
- BME 318 - Biomechanics
- BME 340 - Bioinformatics & Biostatistics
- BME 413 - Biomedical Transport Phenomena
- BME 442 - Nanotechnology & Drug Delivery
- BME 463 - Bioprocess Engineering
- BME 472 - Expermntal Design & Stat Anyls
- BME 483 - Tissue Engineering
- BME 499 - Undergraduate Research
- BIOL 355 - Ecology
- BIOL 373 - Ecol. Principles & Application
- BIOL 374 - Freshwater Wetlands Ecology
- BIOL 379 - Biology&Conservation Of Birds
- BIOL 441 - Molecular Ecology Laboratory
- BIOL 452 - Cultural Evolutionary Theory
- BIOL 455 - Principles Ecosystem Ecology
- BIOL 459 - Biogeography
- BIOL 472 - Tropical Ecology&Conservation
- BIOL 476 - Population Ecology
- ECON 331 - Environmental Economics
- EECE 432 - Physics & Tech of Solar Cells
- EECE 496 - Industrial Internship
- EECE 497 - Independent Study
- EECE 499 - Undergraduate Research
- ENVI 101 - Humans & Ecological Environ
- ENVI 149 - Environmental Ethics & Policy
- ENVI 201 - Humans & Physical Environ
- ENVI 312 - Environmental Law & Policy
- ENVI 325 - Ecological Agriculture
- ENVI 327 - N'Tl Hist Of Nature Preserve
- ENVI 342 - Environmental Hydrology
- ENVI 361 - Freshwater Wetlands Ecology
- ENVI 370 - Envrn Geol:The Changing Earth
- GEOG 101 - Introduction to Geography
- GEOG 120 - Weather And Climate
- GEOG 121 - Physical Geography
- GEOG 221 - Global Climate Change
- GEOG 222 - Earth's Surface Processes
- GEOG 232 - Economic Geography
- GEOG 233 - Urban Geography:Race And Place
- GEOG 234 - Urban Geog: Global Linkages
- GEOG 235 - Intro. to Urban & Reg. Plan
- GEOG 239 - Environmental Planning/Policy
- GEOG 335 - Legal Aspects Of Planning
- GEOG 336 - Envir Hlth:Race/Class Disparit
- GEOG 337 - Natural Resource Conservation
- GEOG 341 - Water Resources Plng & Mgmt
- GEOG 345 - Urban Planning Analysis I
- GEOG 347 - Geography Of Globalization
- GEOG 352 - Population Geography
- GEOG 422 - Biogeography
- GEOG 445 - Urban Planning Analysis II
- GEOL 115 - Global Change:Geologic Perspt
- GEOL 416 - Hydrogeology
- GEOL 449 - Intro To Global Geophysics
- GEOL 465 - Environmental Measurements
- GEOL 470 - Geochemistry
- ME 397 - Independent Study
- ME 496 - Industrial Internship
- ME 497 - Independent Study
- PHYS 449 - Intro To Global Geophysics
- PHYS 451 - Advanced Geophysics
- PLSC 112 - Culturl Forces In Wrld Politcs
- PLSC 113 - Intro To Comparative Politics
- PLSC 300 - Political Psychology
- PLSC 319 - Issues In World Politics
- PLSC 408 - Conflict Management&Resolution
- PLSC 441 - Political Economy
- ISE 320 - Optimiz & Operation Research I
- ISE 497 - Independent Study
Application for Sustainability Engineering Minor
Please feel free to fill out the online application below or the hard copy. In either case, you will be required to meet with Dr. Mike Elmore for his approval.