Nirav Patel is a trained natural and social scientist with a PhD from Cornell University. He has expertise in the dynamics of coupled natural and human systems (CNH).
His work emphasizes experiential learning and the Food-Energy-Water nexus in the Anthropocene as a universal point of introduction to the interdisciplinary nature of planetary and global health.
- Social-ecological systems
- Food-Energy-Water nexus (FEW nexus) and ecosystems of global health
- Social and behavioral aspects of sustainability
- Integrative sustainability science
- FEW nexus and One Health in the Anthropocene
- Urban ecology and GIS
- Integration of UN-SDGs in sustainability science
- Nature of place and people