STEP 1: Access Your Account
Go to BU BRAIN via Binghamton's portal, my.binghamton.edu, and then select the "Financial Aid" tab
STEP 2: Options and Actions
Once on the Financial Aid tab, select from several options to access your Binghamton University Financial Aid Award Offer information, review requirement messages and accept or decline loans.
Here's a quick overview of key options:
- REVIEW "unsatisfied" requirements that may prevent awards from being applied to your bill.
- Click on the "unsatisfied" requirement to be directed to a link, if applicable. Click on the arrow next to any "unsatisfied" requirement for more detailed information.
- VIEW a list of helpful links
- VIEW AND/OR PRINT: Click on "View your SUNY Financial Aid Plan" for a PDF of your Financial Aid Plan.
- REVIEW your award offer.
- ACCEPT OR DECLINE LOANS
- To ACCEPT a loan offer, scroll down to the “Loans” section of the page. Open the drop-down
box next to the loan offer.
Accepted student loans will be automatically split between fall and spring semesters, including modified amounts**
To accept the full amount of the loan offer(s), in the drop-down box select "Accept” and then click the "Submit " button.
To accept a PARTIAL loan offer, in the drop-down box select "Modify" and enter an amount in the box, click “OK”, and then click the "Submit" button.
To DECLINE the loan offer, in the drop-down box select "DECLINE" and then click the "Submit " button.
Once a student takes action online for loans (accept or decline), further changes can ONLY be made by contacting Financial Aid.
- To ACCEPT a loan offer, scroll down to the “Loans” section of the page. Open the drop-down box next to the loan offer.
FINANCIAL AID HISTORY
- VIEW all accepted aid received while at Binghamton University.
- REVIEW any active messages pertaining to your financial aid package.
SATISFACTORY ACADEMIC PROGRESS
- VIEW your financial aid academic progress status - updated after each semester you attend.
- Once a student takes action online for loans (accept/decline), changes can ONLY be made by contacting Financial Aid.
- First-time student loan borrowers accepting loans must complete Entrance Counseling and an MPN for Subsidized/Unsubsidized Loans at studentaid.gov.
- Parents of undergraduate, dependent students must apply and be credit-approved for a Parent PLUS Loan. To apply and complete a PLUS MPN for Parents, go to studentaid.gov.
- NYS grants and scholarships require a separate application.
- For complete financial aid information, go to binghamton.edu/financial-aid/.