The Graduate School will provide leadership that fosters innovation and excellence in graduate student preparation and educational experiences at Binghamton University.
The mission of the Graduate School is to advance graduate education at Binghamton University. The Graduate School will accomplish this mission by doing the following:
- Supporting graduate students by providing resources for accessibility, funding, professional development, and wellness.
- Strengthening partnerships with all units serving our graduate community using communication and collaboration.
- Fostering a diverse, equitable, accessible, and inclusive educational environment through outreach to, and support of students from diverse backgrounds.Promoting ethical conduct in teaching, scholarship, research and service.
- Maintaining clear, accurate, and consistent records on academic programs and managing graduate student degree progress.
- Developing and revising policies to support student success.
- Establishing new, innovative graduate programs in response to student and societal needs, and improving existing graduate programs by coordinating their ongoing assessment.
- Ensuring high standards while advocating for the adoption and implementation of cutting-edge strategies in graduate education.
- Elevating the presence and visibility of Binghamton University by recognizing graduate student successes, representing graduate education best practices, and engaging alumni.