Decker Student Health Services Center
The Decker Student Health Services Center provides currently registered Binghamton University students and affiliated entities with care for acute illness and injury, health education, women’s health services (including birth control), travel medicine, immunizations, HIV testing, psychiatric consultation and laboratory services.
To log into the Patient Portal, choose "Binghamton University," then log in with your PODS information.
The mission of the Decker Student Health Services Center is to promote and support student wellness through education, prevention and treatment in a caring atmosphere that respects the unique qualities of each individual. Learn more
Hours of operation
Decker Student Health Services hours of operation:
- Regular hours of operation are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday
- Winter/summer hours of operation are 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday
Making an appointment
- Walk-In Hours: Walk-in Appointments from 8 a.m. to 11 a.m. remain suspended. All medical care starts by calling 607-777-2221.
- Telemedicine: All appointments will begin via telehealth. Students must call for medical care, at which time they will be routed to a nurse for a virtual Doxy.me session to triage their problem. If it is necessary, a Doxy.me appointment will be arranged with a physician or a nurse practitioner. The medical provider will treat most conditions via telehealth, but in-person visits are available at the provider's discretion.
- Checking in: Students with in-person appointments will notify the staff they have arrived using Remote Check-in or by calling 607-777-2221. The main lobby inside the clinic has limited seating and students will need to be invited inside by a nurse before entering. To provide space for students to wait for in-person appointments, we have placed a tent in front of the building where students may wait. Additionally, students may wait in their vehicles in one of the designated student parking spots located adjacent to the clinic.
- COVID-19 testing: All students with symptoms or exposure to COVID-19 should immediately isolate and call the Decker Student Health Services Center at 607-777-2221 for consideration of diagnostic testing. Students are responsible for the potential cost of COVID-19 testing, which will take place outside the DSHSC in a tent to reduce the risk of transmission to others.
After-hours and emergency care
If you have a life-threatening emergency, call 911 from a campus telephone to be taken to the closest emergency room. Off-campus or cell phone users should call 607-777-3333 for Harpur’s Ferry , the student-run ambulance service. For non-emergent medical care visit one of the local urgent care centers. Students who visit a local emergency room or urgent care center are responsible for all costs incurred.
If DSHSC is closed and you'd like to speak with a registered nurse for advice regarding a medical concern or symptoms, call DSHSC and follow the directions in the recorded message. During regular business hours, call DSHSC at 607-777-2221.