The mission of Accounting is to provide accurate, timely, centralized accounting and financial services, in accordance with campus and SUNY policies, in order to assist the President, senior administrative officers and operating departments in the efficient and effective management, monitoring, reporting and control of resources of the University.
Accounting is responsible for:
- Preparation and submission of the University’s quarterly and year-end Uniform Revenue Accounting System (URAS) trial balance to SUNY System Administration.
- Coordination and distribution of semi-monthly collection remittances from the campus depository accounts in accordance with SUNY guidelines.
- Maintenance of the University's Banner chart of accounts and journal entry system.
- Maintenance of the SUNY Central Accounting System.
- Maintenance of the Business Intelligence System.
- The posting of revenue adjustments, balance transfers, and expenditure transfers.
- Reconciliation of SUNY collections to the general ledger.
- Posting of SUTRA program revenue transfers relating to Overseas Academic Program (OAP), Summer and Winter Session, and contract courses.
- Assisting the Budget and Institutional Research Offices with preparation of the annual campus tuition and fee revenue projections.
- Financial management of the DIFR budget.
- Function as the primary campus contact with M&T Bank regarding revenue banking services.
- Completion of the campus local depository and cash advance bank account reconciliations on a monthly basis.
- Approval and recording of chargebacks.