New York State University Police at Binghamton annually offer hundreds of programs to students through the residence halls and to the entire campus community through the University Center for Training and Development (UCTD), in areas of personal safety, property protection, active shooter and sexual assault prevention, among other topics.
The department works with Residential Life, faculty and staff; Human Resources; student clubs and groups; Greek life; athletics; and even with off-campus groups such as scouting organizations, senior centers, schools and church groups.
To arrange for a training in any of the areas listed, email email@example.com.
Here are just some of the programs offered:
- Introduction to New York State University Police: who we are and what we do
- What to do when stopped by the police
- Personal safety and crime prevention
- Basic self-defense – risk-reduction techniques for men and/or women
- Sexual assault effects/education/prevention
- Drug effects/education
- Alcohol effects/education
- DWI education – DWEyes (aka: the beer goggles)
- Search and seizure/student rights
- Domestic violence awareness and prevention: Telling Amy’s Story
- Surviving an active shooter situation
- Workplace Violence – Dealing with Disruptive or Threatening People in the Workplace and classroom
- Police encounters with mentally ill persons
- Taxi rights: safe transportation in and around our community
- RAD (Rape Aggression Defense)
- 9- to 12-hour self-defense course for women only
- Advanced RAD for those who have already taken Basic RAD (24-hour course)
- Aerosol defense (two-hour course for women only)
- Keychain defense (four-hour course for women only)
- For more information on RAD program possibilities, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are a student, ask your RA to arrange for some training sessions with us. If you are a faculty or staff member, check out the UCTD calendar to see when sponsored trainings are available and register directly online. You can also contact email@example.com to request information on available programs and schedule one directly with us.