The Archaeology For Teens program is designed for students entering Grades 7-10. In addition to facility tours, classroom activities, and fieldwork, students will participate in experimental archaeology, in-depth survey and mapping techniques, and other activities tailored for this age-group.
Our 2022 Research Site is the precontact Ayers 2 site, Tioga County, New York.
Dates: Session I*: July 11-15, 2022; Session II*: July 18-22, 2022.
Time: 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Fee: $215 per participant
Location: Binghamton University - Science 1, Room 106 and Tioga County for excavations.
*minimum number of participants needed for each session to run.
All participants must adhere to University policies regarding masking. Proof of vaccination or a negative COVID test within 72 hours of the start of the program required to participate.
- CAP instructors will tailor field activities to your interests, skills, and physical abilities.
- Transportation will be provided to and from the CAP excavation site.
- Tools and materials necessary for excavation will be provided.
- Participants must bring their own lunch.
- No refunds after May 15, 2022.
- Pick up is at 4:30 pm. There is a $25 fee for late pick up (after 4:40 pm).