Residence halls will close for Winter Break at 10:00 a.m. December 16, 2023 and reopen at 9:00 a.m. January 14, 2024.
Students (including those in the Apartments) who need to remain on campus for any portion of the winter break must apply to do so by submitting the Winter Break Housing Application. Students who do not submit this form by noon on December 15, will not have access to their residence hall during the break. The form will be available Monday, November 27, 2023.
Cost for winter semester break housing
- Students wishing to remain on campus for any portion of a week will be billed for the entire week. Break housing is not offered on a daily basis.
- The billing week runs from Sunday - Saturday. Students will be billed for the entire week even if only here for a portion of the week.
- The break housing charge will be billed to the student’s account upon submission of the Winter Break Housing Application. This charge is nonrefundable even if plans change and the student does not remain on campus for the weeks they have selected.
- Students living in the Apartments are not billed for winter break housing as apartment living encompasses winter break housing.
- Students finishing the Fall semester as a part of the Binghamton Advantage Program (BAP) are not billed for the first week of winter break housing as SUNY Broome classes are in session during that week. Once the Fall semester classes conclude at SUNY Broome BAP students will be expected to leave the Binghamton campus within 24 hours or register for break housing for the remainder of the winter break; for which they will be charged weekly.
Student opting to remain on campus during winter break should keep the following important information in mind:
- Services on campus will be limited
- Dining will be available throughout the break. However, options will be limited. There will not be any on-campus dining available on Christmas Eve (December 24), Christmas day (December 25), and New Years Day (January 1). Meals are ordered via the EVERYDAY APP. Please refer to the Dining Services webpage for more details.
- For OCCT bus schedules and hours, please refer to the Transport webpage.
Please refer to the TAPS webpage for the ITC/Campus shuttle schedule and hours.
- Make every effort to keep your keys with you at all times! If you are locked out of your room, the response time to key you in could be lengthy.
- If you leave a vehicle on campus, Vehicles MUST be parked in lots, G1, M1, O2, S1,
Y4, ZZ North or South. Find a parking map here.
Students who submit their Winter Break Housing Application dates by the published deadline and then need to add a week after December 15th, may do so by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
During the break housing period, the University Housing Agreement and the Code of Student Conduct are still in effect. In addition, you must comply with the directives below. Break housing is a privilege and you are expected to conduct yourself in a manner appropriate to a community living environment. Any alleged violations will result in immediate removal from break housing pending any student conduct or administrative follow-up action.
- Students who have not been approved to be on campus during the break may not enter the residence halls/ apartments.
- No overnight guests are permitted.
- You may not allow anyone to “tailgate” (not using their own card access/ keys) into the building.
- Keep your room and suite/flat/apartment door locked at all times.
- Suite bathrooms will be cleaned over break. Please remove all personal belongings from the bathroom.
- Level 2 Staff Member On-Duty: 607-759-4755
- If you cannot reach the staff member on duty by phone, call University Police who will contact them.
- Emergency Maintenance 607-777-2341
- University Police
- x 911 (emergency — from a campus phone)
- 607-777-2222 (emergency — from a cell phone)
- 607-777-2393 (non-emergency)