2019–2020 Housing Rates
|Community||Semester rate||Annual rate|
|College in the Woods — double||$4,825||$9,650|
|College in the Woods — double, break housing||$5,154||$10,308|
|Dickinson — triple||$5,275||$10,550|
|Dickinson — double||$5,415||$10,830|
|Dickinson — single||$5,895||$11,790|
|Health and Wellness — double||$4,825||$9,650|
|Hinman — double||$4,825||$9,650|
|Mountainview — triple||$5,275||$10,550|
|Mountainview — double||$5,355||$10,710|
|Mountainview — double, break housing||$5,685||$11,370|
|Mountainview — designed triple, break housing||$5,538||$11,076|
|Newing — double||$5,365||$10,730|
|Newing — double, break housing||$5,685||$11,370|
|Newing — single||$5,895||$11,790|
|Newing — single, break housing||$6,152||$12,304|
|Newing — designed triple||$5,275||$10,550|
|Newing — designed triple, break housing||$5,538||$11,076|
|Hillside and Susquehanna — single||$5,463||$10,926|
|Hillside and Susquehanna — super single||$6,221||$12,442|
|Susquehanna — family apartment||$7,577||$15,154|
|Stand-alone single/single with private bathroom||$5,893||$11,786|
Housing cancellation policy and deadlines for 2019–2020
- The cancellation deadline for returning students who sign up for housing during the February housing sign-up process is March 7, 2019.
- Students who select a room after the March 7, 2019 cancellation deadline have 14 days from the day they select their room or receive a housing assignment to cancel their housing up until the published residence hall opening date for the semester.
- All students who cancel housing will be billed a $200 cancellation charge regardless of the reason for or timing of the cancellation. Students cancelling housing due to a study abroad program will not be charged the $200 cancellation charge if they submit documentation of their enrollment in a study abroad program.
- Requests to cancel after the stated cancellation deadlines will be denied and the student will be required to pay the entire room charge for the fall and spring semesters. The only exceptions to cancel housing will be for students who are enrolled in a study abroad program or leaving the University.
- Residents who withdraw for the fall semester after November 25, 2019, but remain students at the University for the spring 2020 semester must fulfill the terms of the University Housing License for the spring semester and remain in University housing.
- Fall 2019 residents may request permission to cancel their housing for spring 2020 semester due to graduation, study abroad, exchange program, academic dismissal, transfer of schools, withdrawal, or military service. A Request for Housing Cancellation must be submitted and approved no later than November 15, 2019, at 4:30 p.m. to avoid a $200 late cancellation charge. Approved cancellations after November 15, 2019 will result in a $200 late cancellation charge.
- Students cannot cancel housing after they have occupied their room as defined in Section III.2. of the housing license.
Binghamton University Dining Services has several resident meal plans and a commuter plan available — check here.