We hire the largest number of employees at Binghamton University and our standards are set high. Our 200+ undergraduate, graduate and professional staff go through an intensive interview process and rigorous training before they are ready for our residents. We're looking for a team that values diversity, inspires achievement and provides role models. If you're looking for a great place to build your skills in a fun, challenging environment, this is it.
Binghamton Residential Life has many opportunities for you to increase your leadership, organization and communication skills in a diverse, inclusive and fun environment. We hire through hireBING by Handshake.
Graphic Design Interns
Want to expand your portfolio, work with great people and get paid? We're looking for 1 to 4 graphic design interns to join our team! We design posters, booklets, signs, displays, social media and lots more for Residential Life, the office of Dean of Students and Student Affairs. Hours are flexible, Macs and Adobe software are provided, you can work 10 to 20 hours a week depending on your schedule and we pay $12 per hour. For more information and to apply, see our posting on HireBING.
Photo and/or Video Interns
We're looking for talented photography and video interns to join our team! We need photo/video of community events, residents, buildings and happenings all over the university. Applicants should have their own camera or cell phone, we provide Macs and Adobe software. Hours are very flexible, you can work 10 to 20 hours a week depending on your schedule and we pay $12 per hour. For more information and to apply, see our posting on HireBING.
Looking for a great summer job? Work here. Applicants must be current Binghamton students. Full descriptions and applications are available on HireBing Handshake.
- Summer Conference Assistants (CA) – Summer CAs receive a room in the Apartments Community, $315 in meal plan money and get paid $11.80 per hour for up to 29 hours per week. CAs help assist with the multiple summer conferences we hold so will need to be flexible and available both days and evenings. For more information and to apply >
- Summer Resident Assistants – Summer RAs receive a room in the Apartments Community and $315 in meal plan money. They help with our summer residents who reside in Hillside and Susquehanna. Taking a summer class or internship at Binghamton? Consider being a summer RA. For more information and to apply >
Residential Life hires a huge crew to help our new students and families move in August. We look for returning students from each community with a great personality and work ethic. For more information and to apply >
Resident Assistants (RA) positions
We're looking for amazing people to join our Res Life team. Our RA Selection process is closed for this year. Please check back in the late fall.
- Area Residential Coordinator (ARC)/Area Community Director (ACD) — Live-in positions
- Conduct position
- Resident Director (RD) positions – we're hiring! Details and link to application here.
- Area Director (AD) positions