Update on Campus Mail Services hours
Effective Monday, March 8, package pick-up window hours will be 10 a.m. to 3:50 p.m. Monday through Friday. These hours will remain in effect for the remainder of the semester until further notice.
Expecting a package?
Search by Last Name. The search results can be narrowed by entering Last name, First name. Be sure to put a comma and a space between the two names. The list is updated every hour on the quarter hour, starting at 10:15 a.m. Monday through Friday.
Note that small items will be placed in mailboxes. Larger items will be checked in and you will receive an e-mail notifying you that you have a package.
Postage sales are provided at no additional cost to the University community for faculty, staff, and students personal use. Because postage is sold for face value services are limited to the following:
- First Class Mail
- Priority Mail
- Media Mail
- Parcel Post
- International Mail - documents only (less than one pound)
- Cash only. We are unable to accept checks, credit or debit cards.
- 10-piece maximum per customer per day. Large mailings can be handled by a mailing house or by using Click-n-Ship by the USPS or Stamps.com.
- All outgoing mail must have a return address.
- Priority mail supplies are available for customer use. Other supplies (tape, boxes, padded envelopes, etc.) can be purchased.
Mail is delivered to the offices and residence halls on campus by 11 a.m. Monday through Friday.
- Business mail (outgoing and intra-campus) may be dropped in the drop box in the Library Tower. Daily pickup by 1 p.m. for afternoon processing.
- Business mail is accepted any time at the CMS mailroom. Small amounts of mail will be posted on the day of drop off provided it is received at the CMS by 2:15 p.m. Larger mailings will need more time to process.
- Pick-up times are posted on all drop slots in the residence hall mailrooms. These drops are closed by 8 a.m. on the last day of classes for each semester. Mail placed in these drops after that time will not be picked up until the start of the next semester.
- USPS drop boxes located on the south side of the University Union, near the bus stop. Pick-up times are posted and maintained by the USPS. Do not use these boxes for intra-campus mail. There is an intra-campus drop box in the CMS lobby.
- A valid Binghamton University ID card is required to pick up parcels. We do not accept other forms of identification
- A student may retrieve a package for a friend providing the following conditions are
- The package owner must print out the e-mail notice of the item they want picked up.
- Tracking number must match on both the email and package.
- The package owner must write on the notice: I give (name of student) permission to pick up this item for me.
- The package owner must sign and date notice.
- The friend will bring the notice and their own Binghamton University ID to the Package Pickup window
6 a.m. - 3 p.m. Monday - Friday
Main window (UU-B55)
11 a.m. - 3:50 p.m. Monday - Friday
Summer hours (UU-B55)
noon - 2:50 p.m.
Personal postage (UU-B005)
9:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m. Monday-Friday
Summer hours (UU-B005)
noon - 2:30 p.m.
Closed weekends and federal holidays
Window and operating hours subject to change without notice
Main Window (business mail and package pickup): We are located in the basement of the University Union, directly below The MarketPlace.