To be considered for admission to the Advanced Certificate in Educational Leadership, you need:
- a bachelor's or master's degree in education or education-related field
- a minimum of three years paid, full-time classroom teaching and/or pupil personnel service in PreK-12 public or non-public schools
- a copy of your permanent or professional certification in classroom teaching or pupil personnel service
Applicants to the Advanced Certificate in Educational Leadership must submit all of the following materials:
- Certificate application
- Official transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate-level coursework.
- A personal statement (2-3 double-spaced pages and 500-750 words) that focuses on:
- prior leadership experiences;
- any special skills or contributions to the field of education;
- why you wish to pursue administrative leadership certification at this time in your career; and
- leadership goals for the future.
Please note: This statement requires foci different from the generic Graduate School personal statement instructions. This is an important part of the application. Be as specific as possible, including examples where appropriate.
- Two completed CAS Reference Forms from supervisors, school or district administrators who know the candidate's work and can assess accomplishments and leadership potential.
- A resume that includes complete professional employment history, with dates and locations.
Please note: These forms are unique to the Educational Leadership program and are required instead of general letters of recommendation.
For more information regarding the application process, contact Sue McLeod, program coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.