What to know before you apply
To be considered for admission to the Educational Leadership program you need:
- A bachelor's or master’s degree in education or education-related field
- A minimum of three years paid, full-time classroom teaching and/or pupil personnel service in PreK-12 public or non-public schools
- A copy of the permanent or professional certification in classroom teaching or pupil personnel service
Applicants to the Educational Leadership program must submit all of the following materials:
- The Graduate School online application and application fee.
- Official transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate-level coursework.
- A personal statement (2-3 double-spaced pages and 500-750 words) that focuses on:
- prior leadership experiences;
- any special skills or contributions to the field of education;
- why you wish to pursue administrative leadership certification at this time in your career; and
- leadership goals for the future.
- Two completed CAS Reference Forms from supervisors, school or district administrators who know the candidate's work and can assess accomplishments and leadership potential.
- A résumé that includes complete professional employment history, with dates and locations.
Please note: This personal statement requires foci differ from the generic Graduate School personal statement instructions. This is an important part of the application. Be as specific as possible, including examples where appropriate.
For more information regarding the application process, contact Sue McLeod, program coordinator.