Marla Mallette joined the Department of Teaching, Learning and Educational Leadership at Binghamton University in 2012. Prior to joining the faculty at Binghamton University, Mallette taught for 12 years at Southern Illinois University Carbondale. She earned her PhD in literacy education from the University of Nevada, Las Vegas and prior to that, she taught first grade in the Clark County School District.
- BS, Southern Illinois University
- PhD, University of Nevada
- understanding the role of teachers’ and students’ beliefs about literacy learning
- teacher expectations
- early literacy learning
- literacy instruction and intervention
- mixed methods research in literacy