Student success by the numbers:
The average cumulative GPA of SSS students, including nearly 200 students with a 3.5 or better, and around 30 students with a perfect 4.0 every semester. The average GPA of students eligible for SSS but not using our services is only 2.85.
The percentage of SSS students involved in at least one club, activity or sport while pursuing their college degree.
The amount of grant aid awarded annually to our most dedicated and active first- and second-year participants. These students prove their dedication to success through putting in time meeting with counselors, going to workshops, attending tutoring and more.
The number of miles traveled by SSS students to foreign countries as part of education abroad experiences during the 2017-18 academic year. That's over three times the circumference of the earth!
Out of 957 students nation-wide who received the U.S. Department of State's Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship, three were from Binghamton University, and all three were SSS students!
Awards and Scholarships
SSS students are some of the best and the brightest! Check out examples of some of the awards and scholarships our students have received recently.
- Binghamton University Foundation's Undergraduate Award to Support Research and Creative Work
- Binghamton University President's Award for Undergraduate Student Excellence
- Dean of Students Emerging Leader of the Year
- Federation of American Societies for Experimental Biology Travel Award
- Pi Mu Epsilon Honorary National Mathematics Society
- Sigma Alpha Lambda National Honor Society
- Sodexo Campus Services Scholarship
- Wanda Bartle/ Barnes & Noble Book Award
- William B. Recknall Memorial Award
- Binghamton University Louis Magnotta Italian Scholarship
- Charles Drew Pre-Health Minority Scholarship
- Evelio Figueroa Memorial Study Abroad Scholarship
- Faculty - Student Scholarship
- George E. Moore Minority Physics Scholarship
- Jerome J. And Julia Perl and Dr. Theodore Perl Pre-Medical Scholarship
- Lockheed Martin Scholarship
- NYS Merit Scholarship Award
- Omega Phi Beta Sorority Inc. Gold Scholarship
SSS students have completed internships across the country, at impressive locations such as the National Institute of Standards and Technology, the New York State Assembly, the Peace Corps and the New York Times.