Master of Science in Data Analytics
Data is shaping the modern world.
Binghamton University’s Master of Science in Data Analytics graduate degree STEM program will prepare you for the analysis and intelligence needs in all sectors of the economy.
From Wall Street to manufacturing to healthcare to education, you’ll have the technical, teamwork and communication skills to succeed in any field.
Request more information
The STEM program leverages the cross-disciplinary insights of three of Binghamton University's schools:
- Harpur College of Arts and Sciences
- School of Management
- Thomas J. Watson College of Engineering and Applied Science.
With instruction from top-notch faculty in the fields of management, computer science, statistics and system science and real-world projects, students build a comprehensive foundation in data analytics that is accompanied by a diverse and balanced skillset.
Be in demand
Data is increasingly shaping the modern world, and there is a growing demand for people who can make sense of it. From Wall Street to manufacturing to healthcare to education, every industry has a need for individuals who not only have the technical skills, but the teamwork and communication skills necessary for successful analysis and decision making.
Students will experience hands-on learning through applied projects in various fields such as business, non-profits and healthcare. Working both independently and in teams of students, members of the program will have the opportunity to apply different analytics and methods to solve real data problems provided by corporate and organizational partners. These problems will be both business and nonbusiness related.
The highly quantitative nature of the curriculum qualifies the program as a STEM degree.
Students will be prepared for the growing need of analytics and intelligence in all sectors of the economy, and will be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of appropriate analytics techniques, tools and software, including those in the big data regime and data visualization tools to communicate results of data analysis
- Recognize the data structures, storage, retrieval and other technical needs in order to implement analytical solutions and make the results available throughout organizations
- Develop and apply predictive models using statistical, data mining and machine learning techniques to solve real world business and decision problems
- Work in teams with students of diverse backgrounds, present and communicate findings to leaders of project clients
Months to complete the program
Core courses to build a foundation in data analysis
Binghamton University schools providing insights
Practicum courses with real-world projects