Virtual Info Sessions
Interested in learning more about Binghamton University's Master of Science in Data Analytics program? Join us for a virtual info session!
You'll have the chance to get all of your questions answered, as we'll discuss eligibility, expectations, curriculum and the application process.
Do I qualify for Binghamton University's MS in Data Analytics program?
- Applicants must have a bachelor's or graduate degree and a solid quantitative background.
- Students with degrees in mathematics, statistics or other applied sciences (business, economics, political science, engineering, etc.) are welcome to apply.
- Applicants are expected to have a GPA of 3.0 or above.
- Applicants with at least two years of work experience in a business or industrial setting are especially encouraged to apply.
More information about admissions requirements can be found here.
For students transferring in from another university, the Graduate School allows up to six credits to be transferred after a student has been admitted and has joined the program. The transfer of credits is subject to approval by the program director. Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
We welcome international students to apply to the program.
International applicants must submit results from either TOEFL (minimum score of 100) or IELTS (minimum score in Band Seven).
International applicants should have a minimum of one year of work experience. Preference is given to applicants who have two or more years of work experience.
Find more information about additional required application materials for international students here.
Helpful links for international students:
- Office of International Students and Scholars Services (ISSS)
- New International Student Information
- Binghamton University Cultural Student Groups
- Binghamton University JFK-Binghamton Bus Service
You can begin your application here.
Academic transcript(s), two letters of recommendation, a current resume and a personal statement (see below) are required along with the completed online application.
GRE or GMAT scores are accepted, but not required.
The MS in Data Analytics admissions committee is looking for the following information in your personal statement:
- one to two pages
- two to three courses in your previous degree(s) that you liked and why
- details of any internship or work experience you have had in the past few years relevant to analytics
- any unusual features of your academic background, such as weak grades, and how you improved or prepared for graduate study
- career goals after completing the MS in Data Analytics degree
More information about graduate study at Binghamton University can be found on The Graduate School website.
If you have any questions about the MS in Data Analytics program, contact: