COVID-19 Update: Fall 2020
With the global pandemic causing major disruptions in all aspects of daily life, please know that we have a limited number of seats still open in the program. We are still accepting applications for Fall 2020 at this time.
We realize this is a very difficult time, and want to make sure you have the flexibility needed to consider your options.
If you are interested in applying or have any questions, please reach out to us at email@example.com.
Learn more about Binghamton University's plans for the fall at this link.
About the program
The curriculum for Binghamton University's Master of Science in Data Analytics program combines core courses, practicums with real-world projects and electives from multiple fields of interest.
The 30-credit program, which takes about 10 months to complete, provides a robust exploration of the core fundamentals of analytics, while also allowing for the flexibility to explore applicable areas of interest.
The highly quantitative nature of the curriculum qualifies the program as a STEM degree.
The program leverages the cross-disciplinary insights of three of Binghamton University's schools:
- Harpur College of Arts and Sciences
- School of Management
- Thomas J. Watson School of Engineering and Applied Science
Rooted on foundations in mathematical sciences, management, system and computer science, the curriculum builds an understanding of the methods and techniques of data analytics and emphasizes real-world applications.
Students will be assigned a faculty academic advisor, and will be required to meet with their advisor each semester to review progress in courses, field placement and career goals.
- Save time. Our 30-credit program can be completed in about ten months.
- Save money. Get the credentials and education needed for a rewarding career at an affordable price.
- Best of the best. You’ll work with the best faculty from each of the three Binghamton schools involved in the program, knocking down the silos between fields.
- Different perspectives. Our faculty are experts in a wide range of fields, from computer science to mathematics to business to systems science to industrial engineering.
- Jobs. Be in demand in a rapidly-growing field. Working with our strong alumni base and career services offices, you'll position yourself for the right jobs before you leave Binghamton.
We listen closely to alumni and industry partners to ensure our curriculum is meeting the current and future needs of the data-driven economy. Members of our data analytics advisory board include:
- Shari Cleary '97, SVP of research, insights and brand planning, BuzzFeed
- Alan Gorenstein, MBA '92, executive director and head of marketing analytics, asset management, J.P. Morgan
- Lisa Materazzo '90, MBA '97, vice president, Lexus Marketing
- Afzal Rehman, MD, PhD, UHS Heart and Vascular Institute
- Ruofei Zhang, PhD '05, partner research & development manager, AI and research, Microsoft