Virtual Info Sessions
Interested in learning more about Binghamton University's Master of Science in Data Analytics program? Join us for a virtual info session!
You'll have the chance to get all of your questions answered, as we'll discuss eligibility, expectations, curriculum and the application process.
About the program
The curriculum for Binghamton University's Master of Science in Data Analytics program combines core courses, practicums with real-world projects and electives from multiple fields of interest.
The 30-credit program, which takes about 10 months to complete, provides a robust exploration of the core fundamentals of analytics, while also allowing for the flexibility to explore applicable areas of interest.
The highly quantitative nature of the curriculum qualifies the program as a STEM degree.
The program leverages the cross-disciplinary insights of three of Binghamton University's schools:
- Harpur College of Arts and Sciences
- School of Management
- Thomas J. Watson College of Engineering and Applied Science
Rooted on foundations in mathematical sciences, management, system and computer science, the curriculum builds an understanding of the methods and techniques of data analytics and emphasizes real-world applications.
Students will be assigned a faculty academic advisor, and will be required to meet with their advisor each semester to review progress in courses, field placement and career goals.
- Save time. Our 30-credit program can be completed in about ten months.
- Save money. Get the credentials and education needed for a rewarding career at an affordable price.
- Best of the best. You’ll work with the best faculty from each of the three Binghamton schools involved in the program, knocking down the silos between fields.
- Different perspectives. Our faculty are experts in a wide range of fields, from computer science to mathematics to business to systems science to industrial engineering.
- A commitment to data science. Binghamton University’s Transdisciplinary Area of Excellence (TAE) in Data Science provides a collaborative environment to produce innovative research, and our library offers a robust collection of resources for the data analytics program.
- Jobs. Be in demand in a rapidly-growing field. Working with our strong alumni base and career services offices, you'll position yourself for the right jobs before you leave Binghamton.
- Fellowship opportunity. U.S. citizens and permanent residents are encouraged to learn more about our highly competitive merit-based Clifford D. Clark Diversity Fellowships. Learn more at this link.
We listen closely to alumni and industry partners to ensure our curriculum is meeting the current and future needs of the data-driven economy. Members of our data analytics advisory board include:
- Jay Benet '74, former vice chairman & CFO, The Travelers Companies
- Shari Cleary '97, global head of 3rd party & cloud-based measurement, Google
- Alan Gorenstein, MBA '92, executive director and head of marketing analytics, asset management, J.P. Morgan
- Lisa Materazzo '90, MBA '97, group vice president of marketing, Toyota North America
- Perry Metviner '90, managing director, co-chief operating officer & chief technology officer, Davidson Kempner Capital Management LP
- Afzal Rehman, MD, PhD, UHS Heart and Vascular Institute
- Ruofei Zhang, PhD '05, partner research & development manager, AI and research, Microsoft