Thank you for your interest in graduate study at Binghamton University. Applications for 2024 entry terms are now being accepted!
We look forward to receiving your application for one of our on-campus graduate programs. Check the deadlines for your intended program, and follow the steps below to put together a complete application.
Steps to Apply
Contact the Office of Graduate Admissions if you are unsure which instructions to follow.
Prepare required application materials.
- International students must provide additional documents with their application.
Submit application fee
There is a $75 nonrefundable application fee.
There are a few circumstances in which the application fee may be paid on a student's behalf or waived:
- Academic departments may periodically offer to pay the application fee dependent upon students’ academic eligibility, enrollment needs of the department and other extraordinary situations. Prior to any possible departmental consideration, applicants should begin their application and submit minimally their transcripts, personal statement and resume. After uploading those documents, outreach to program recruiters may be sought.
- CSTEP, EOP, HEOP, LSAMP Program, Project 1000, SEEK Program or TRIO Program (McNair Scholars Program, Student Support Services, Upward Bound, etc.) students are eligible. You must provide a certified letter from your program official attesting to your participation. Documents can be uploaded directly on the application or by emailing email@example.com.
- GEM Fellowship applicants are eligible. Submit a copy of your GEM interface homepage indicating that your overall application status is complete. Documents can be uploaded directly on the application or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- United States Armed Forces veterans and active-duty service members are eligible for an application fee waiver. Submit a copy of your Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty (DD Form 214) or your Status Report Pursuant to Servicemembers Civil Relief Act. Documents can be uploaded directly on the application or by emailing them to email@example.com.
Note: A request for an application fee waiver may take two to three business days to process. Before submitting your application, wait for an email stating that your request has been approved. If you have any questions about this process, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Looking for Online Degrees?
Prospective students interested in online study should visit our Binghamton University Online website for information about exclusively online programs, costs and other requirements.