CLAIM TICKETS FOR COMMENCEMENT 2023
Students who have registered for Commencement using the Intent to Participate form (available on your my.Binghamton portal) are permitted to claim tickets.
The deadline to claim tickets is April 23, 2023.
EVENTS CENTER CEREMONIES: Claim your tickets here
DOCTORAL HOODING*: Wednesday, May 10 at 3 p.m.: Claim your tickets here*
PHARMD HOODING*: Friday, May 12 at 10 a.m.: Claim your tickets here*
*One transaction per student; failure to comply will result in revocation of all tickets
LOST TICKETS/CAN'T FIND TICKETS YOU CLAIMED?
If you cannot find your tickets:
- Search your inbox and your spam folder for emails from email@example.com
- The email would have arrived immediately after claiming your tickets, there is no delay in the tickets being sent so if you know what day they claimed on, you can check by date as well
- Once in the email, there is a .pdf attachment that will have the tickets which can either be forwarded on to guests or printed off as paper ticket
If you still can't find the tickets, you can log back into the link available here, and print them or resend them from your account.
- In the top right corner will be a button with your first initial of your first name. Click on that and select "My Account" from the dropdown menu. This will bring a new page with a handful of options and you can click on either "View Your Orders" or "My E-Delivery Items" and both options will allow them to access your tickets.
TICKET CLAIM TROUBLESHOOT
- Check the notifications at the top of your my.Binghamton dashboard to make sure you filled out the Intent to Participate form.
- Allow one full business day after you filed the Intent to Participate form to claim your tickets.
- Make sure you selected the same ceremony for ticket claim as the one that is confirmed on top of your my.Binghamton portal.
- Make sure you are selecting the correct quantity for your ceremony.
SPRING 2023 TICKET ALLOTMENT
For more information including parking, arrival and ceremony details, see Commencement Day Details.
|Doctoral Hooding||4||Weds. May 10||3 p.m.||Anderson Center|
|PharmD Hooding||8||Fri. May 12||10 a.m.||Anderson Center|
|Decker Ceremony||12||Fri. May 12||1 p.m.||Events Center|
|Master's Ceremony||5||Fri. May 12||4:30 p.m.||Events Center|
|Harpur 1||5||Sat. May 13||8:30 a.m.||Events Center|
|Harpur 2||5||Sat. May 13||12:30 p.m.||Events Center|
|Harpur 3||5||Sat. May 13||4:30 p.m.||Events Center|
|Watson||8||Sun. May 14||8:30 a.m.||Events Center|
|CCPA||12||Sun. May 14||12 p.m.||Events Center|
|SOM||7||Sun. May 14||3:30 p.m.||Events Center|
The timing for all Commencement ceremonies/activities and the number of guest tickets allowed per graduate will depend on the COVID situation as well as the NYS guidelines in place at the time of the event. Guests who are making travel and hotel arrangements are encouraged to make reservations that are refundable. We ask that you remain flexible as we must prioritize safety.
BE AWARE OF TICKET SCAMS:Commencement tickets that Binghamton University provides are completely free of charge for students to claim. The only valid way to claim tickets is through the link provided on this webpage or by the Commencement Office. Tickets acquired through any other avenue will not scan at the door.
TICKETS FOR CHILDREN:
If your family needs to apply for a visa in order to attend the Commencement ceremony, you as the student can write a letter of invitation. Be sure to include:
- Your name, the reason for living in the U.S. and current immigration status (likely F-1 or J-1)
- The names of your family members who wish to visit, an explanation of the purpose of their visit and how long they expect to stay
- A copy of your I20’s/DS-2019, if you feel comfortable doing so.
If you require confirmation of Commencement dates on University Letterhead, visit the ISSS Forms webpage and find the “Invitation to Graduation” form under “Letters of Support.”
If you still have questions regarding international guests, please contact International Student and Scholar Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CEREMONIES ARE LIVESTREAMED
If family/friends cannot make your ceremony, be sure to have them tune in live. Every ceremony will be live streamed and accessible from the Binghamton University YouTube Channel.