SPRING 2021 COMMENCEMENT
Graduates may claim 1 or 2 tickets for their in-person Grad Walk.
Tickets are NOT transferable. If a ticket assigned to another student is transferred and presented for entry, it will not scan and entry will be denied.
To claim tickets graduates must file their Intent to Participate and then fill out the Ticket Request Form. Both forms MUST be filed by April 21. If the Ticket Request form is filed without first filing the Intent to Participate, the ticket request will not be fulfilled.
Tickets/Seating will be assigned and distributed to students' email between April 26 - May 12. We will accommodate anyone who needs a seat with wheelchair accessibility or with mobility limitations, however your graduate must request that when they fill out the Ticket Request Form. All seats made available in the venue will have a clear view of the stage.
Please keep in mind that Commencement formatting is subject to change at any time.
EVENT REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL ATTENDEES (Guests and Students)
One of the following must be presented to enter the venue for a ceremony:
- Proof of negative results from a PCR test within 72 hours of the ceremony
- Proof of negative results from an antigen test within 6 hours of the ceremony
- Proof of completed immunization
Acceptable forms of proof include mobile application, screenshot, image or paper form.
For more information, see full announcement. Additional information will be announced as soon as we have it.
Due to assigned seating, guests are NOT permitted to line up outside of the venue to wait to go in. Doors will open 20 minutes prior to the scheduled Grad Walk. Guests MUST remain in their vehicles until the exact moment doors are open.
Please return to this webpage by May 1 to read Parking instructions and suggested time to leave for parking.
- Tickets/seating will be randomly assigned. Every seat which will be available in the venue will have an excellent, clear view of the stage. If you need to request a seat with specific accessibility, please make sure your graduate notes that in the Ticket Request Form.
- Social Distancing will be implemented at all times. Failure to comply will result in prohibition or removal from the venue.
- Face mask MUST be worn at all times - even if you are vaccinated.
- Food and drink will not be permitted within the venue.
- Guests and graduates will be in separate areas of the venue at all times. We ask that you meet your graduate off-campus following the end of the Grad Walk.
- Guests will enter immediately before the Grad Walk begins and will need to exit as soon as the Grad Walk ends, so we have enough time to clean the building before the next Grad Walk.
HOW TO OBTAIN TICKETS:
Once your graduate has filled out the Ticket Request Form, tickets will be assigned and distributed digitally to the email that they provided. Please communicate with your graduate to ensure you have a digital copy of your tickets PRIOR to the event day.
Can't make the ceremony?
If family/friends cannot make your Grad Walk, be sure to have them tune in live. Every ceremony will be live streamed and accessible from the Binghamton University YouTube Channel.