Binghamton University welcomes your contributions to this Facebook/Instagram (social media) page in the spirit of sharing information and perspectives among prospective students, current students, alumni, staff, faculty, the family of students and friends. All comments on this page must be pertinent or germane to the purpose of the page and/or post. Comments do not reflect the opinions or policies of Binghamton University. Please note this is a moderated online discussion site and not a public forum. When posting a comment, please show consideration for your fellow users by keeping the discussion respectful.
Binghamton University is not responsible for comments or wall postings made by visitors to the page, and reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to screen, block, suspend, hide, and/or remove content that:
- is significantly off-topic
- is commercial where the primary purpose is to promote, endorse or sell a product or service;
- promotes, fosters or perpetuates discrimination against protected classes
- is profane or obscene
- is spam or includes links to external online sites
- contains falsehoods or is libelous
- promotes a candidate for election to political office
- is or encourages illegal activity
- threatens, harasses or incites threats and harassment of others including without limitation sexual harassment
- includes information that may compromise the safety of the public or public systems
The University's official website (www.binghamton.edu) will remain the University's primary and predominant internet presence.
Lastly, please keep in mind that this is an internet page on facebook.com. Facebook, Inc. owns and operates facebook.com. It has its own policies and standards concerning what may, and may not, be posted and the actions that it may take concerning unauthorized posts. See "Facebook Community Standards" at www.facebook.com/communitystandards/.
If you have any questions regarding our policy, email email@example.com.