Zhen Xie joined the Department of Computer Science as an assistant professor in August 2023. His research emphasizes on high-performance computing (HPC) with a focus on the interaction between machine learning algorithms and system-level performance optimization. His work has been published in multiple top-tier conferences and journals, including PPoPP, SC, ICS, EuroSys, Euro-Par, TPDS, and TACO, and he has received ACM Gordon Bell Special Prize in 2022. He received his PhD from the Chinese Academy of Sciences.
- BA: Wuhan University of Technology
- PhD: Chinese Academy of Sciences
- Performance optimization on HPC and AI/DL applications
- Parallel computing on various architectures
- Heterogeneous computing and memory systems
- Scientific machine learning