The Decker School of Nursing within Decker College of Nursing and Health Sciences provides outstanding preparation in nursing education, scholarship and practice.
Ranked among the top 10 nursing schools in New York state, the school has earned an enviable reputation among nursing programs worldwide and is recognized for its commitment to educational excellence and as a growing leader in nursing research.
The Decker School of Nursing offers bachelor's, master's, advanced standing doctor of nursing practice and doctor of philosophy degree-granting programs, as well as a forensic health minor and post-graduate certificates.
The success rate of our graduates is outstanding, with many assuming leadership roles in practice, education and administration throughout the nation.
- Our undergraduate nursing programs provide a solid foundation from which baccalaureate-prepared candidates are poised to take and pass the National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX-RN).
- The master's and doctoral nursing programs reflect a commitment to improving the health of rural communities through education of nurses to provide the highest quality care for rural individuals, families and communities.
Professional Licensure Disclosure
Decker College maintains a webpage that indicates whether its nursing programs fulfill U.S. state/territory educational requirements for professional nursing licenses. Some state licensing boards require additional requirements beyond education and continuing education may also be required for maintenance of certification/licensure. Students should make sure they understand and review any additional requirements prior to enrolling.
- Binghamton University is regionally accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, 3624 Market St., Suite 2 West, Philadelphia, PA 19104, msche.org, 267-284-5000. The next mid-point peer review is 2025.
- Binghamton University is professionally accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, 655 K St., NW, Suite 750, Washington, DC 20001, ccneaccreditation.org, 202-887-6791. CCNE accredits the baccalaureate, master's doctor of nursing practice and post-graduate APRN certificate programs at Decker College. The next review is June 2029.
- Binghamton University is approved as a degree-granting institution by the Trustees of the State University of New York and the Board of Regents of New York State. New York State Education Department, State University of New York, Central Administration, State University Plaza, Albany, NY 12246, nysed.gov, 518-474-3852.