The Decker School of Nursing offers a variety of advanced/post-graduate certificates.
Post-Graduate Nurse Practitioner Certificates
Post-graduate nurse practitioner certificates are available in the nursing specialization areas of:
- Adult-gerontological nursing (primary care)
- Community health nursing (primary care)
- Family nursing
- Family psychiatric mental health nursing
The program is beneficial for students already holding a master's degree in nursing who desire preparation as a nurse practitioner (NP) OR practicing NPs who wish to expand their scope of practice by acquiring the clinical hours and course content necessary to practice in an additional NP specialty area.
- Nursing Education — open to students with a master's degree in nursing or currently enrolled master's in nursing students who are completing the nurse educator functional role and wish to take one additional course to obtain an advanced nurse educator certificate
- Disaster Management — open to students with a master's degree in nursing or students currently enrolled in a Decker College of Nursing and Health Sciences master's program
Forensic Health — open to students with a bachelor’s degree in any field or currently matriculated Binghamton University graduate students