- Devin Link - Graduate Assistant
Spring 2024 Semester
- Mondays 4:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Tuesdays 4:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Wednesdays 10:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. and 2:00 - 3:00 p.m.
- Thursdays 10:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. and 2:00 - 3:00 p.m.
Scheduling an appointment
For advising appointments, please sign up via B-Successful (accessible via your my.binghamton.edu login). Once you click on services, click on FRI Advising and then click Schedule Appointment next to Devin Link, FRI Graduate Assistant. Pick the time that works best for you.
After setting up your appointment, the GA will confirm your appointment by sending you a Google Calendar invite email. When you receive the google calendar invite, please confirm your appointment by clicking on “yes” in the email. At the time of your meeting, go to the Science 2 Building, Room 257. At the front desk, indicate you are present for an advising meeting. If you are unable to make a meeting, please email email@example.com to reschedule your appointment.
If you are unavailable during the current academic advising hours, feel free to email Devin at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can make accommodations. Please include FRI Academic Advising in the subject line of your email.
School Academic Advising
- Harpur College of Arts & Sciences' Academic Advising
- Watson College of Engineering & Applied Science's Academic Advising
- Schedule an appointment through Starfish
Questions about FRI Advising should be sent to email@example.com.
- The Binghamton Support Network is an online application that allows students to search for resources to address their concerns.
- The Undergraduate Research Center helps undergraduates learn more about the opportunities in their field for research, creative activity and scholarly investigation.
- Binghamton University hosts a variety of campus events featuring student and faculty researchers. An annual event, Research Days, highlights include open labs, seminars, poster sessions, tours, speakers and more.
- University publications, such as BingUNews feature powerful research initiatives and discoveries spearheaded by faculty and encompassing student involvement.
- The Office of External Scholarships works with undergraduate and graduate students to identify funding opportunities, and then assists them during the application process. A wide variety of fellowships and internships exist, such as the National Science Foundation's Predoctoral Fellowship program and the National Institutes of Health Fellowships. These fellowships are quite competitive; thus, the FRI program lays a wonderful foundation of building students' academic credentials.
- The Harpur Edge program which is funded through alumni donations has a Harpur Edge Student Support Fund which can be used for conference travel expenses and more.
- The Fleishman Center for Career and Professional Development helps undergraduates explore career and advanced study opportunities.
- University online library tutorials introduce students to research practices and to help students understand information resources available to them, both in the library and online.
- The Writing Center helps undergraduates enhance essential writing skills.
- DegreeWorks is a website that allows students to track their degree progress.
I am very fortunate to have gone through FRI because of the skills it has instilled within me, and because of the direction it has pointed me towards on the path to my career. I value the interest it has given me in conducting research, the scientific method, and the pursuit of knowledge.
FRI Biochemistry Student